Stock location Boost Tach gague

rphatdad

Would someone please make a new boost and tach bar graph that does more than 15lbs of boost, and more accurate rpm. It would be great to get one that is both accurate and shows alot more boost than yesterdays technology. I personally like the old style disco lights but it's completely useless with today's boost levels and I've heard they loose accuracy over time.

I know you can have them repaired but they are still crippled at 15lbs

I bet who ever made them would sell aton of them.

The led lights for the boost gauge are being read off the pressure sent to the MAP sensor.

Which our cars came with a 2 bar map sensor, so it only registers boost up to 15 lbs of boost. So that's why the LEDs only go to 15lbs also.

I know when you swap to a 3 bar MAP sensor which range goes to 30psi. With this installed, the orange LEDs dont start lighting up until 7lbs of boost if I remember correctly. So really, at 22 lbs your LEDs would be maxed out on the gauge. If you did this then your 'new' range on the LEDs would be 7-22 lbs and not 1-30psi.

In all reality, if anyone did manufacture something like you describe, the cost to make it and how many will buy it at a reasonable price is not going to equal it self out.

There isnt many people who race their car or even own their cars who dont have an after market boost gauge. Sure there are people who own these cars that are 100% stock, but do those people who have them go WOT with them? More then likely they dont and dont care about performance or if the LEDs read up around 20+ psi. Then the people who do, they arent looking at that gauge for how much psi they run and I dont think many would pull their aftermarket gauge that's easy to read and run a stock one which would be hard to determine how much lbs your at when racing.

If you were wanting to discuss this issue with someone who would want it produced, you may want to contact John Spina at Caspers Electronics. He'd be the one to know what to do to make this product.

---Just my 2 cents :redface:

I know one of the vendors sells the overlays that go up to 30 PSI. Couldn't Caspers set up the boost lights to work with a 3 bar MAP sensor?

BuickGN sells the overlay for the stock boost/tach to make it read up to 30psi. Replace your stock map sensor with a 3 bar map sensor and whalla you got it.

Re-read my post.

Your LED boost gauge will not magically read 0-30 psi because of an overlay and 3 bar MAP sensor....:tongue: