Stock stall

blacknight80

Hey guys what is the stock stall on our cars. Mines an 82 not sure if every year is a bit different. I flash stalled it but it broke the tires loose at 1600 and didn't get a true number.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I find best way to check is to bring the car to approx 0 boost on the foot brake, then read rpm. My D5 stalled at approx 2200 rpm.

I tried that but unfortunately it's in a shop with cement floor and I dont trust/can't get it to black top lol. It just wants to wreck my new tires at 1600. I have a 350c not a 200

1600 RPM is pretty much the stall speed on a TH350C that came behind a V6. A V8 converter will stall even less behind a V6.

I found a tci converter new in the box on a buy and sell but it claims 400-500 rpm over stock. I get confused by that number. Did all 350c run the same converter? Shouldn't it be a specific stall? Does a sbc 350 with the identical trans and converter as a turbo 3.8 have 2 different stall characteristics?

I had a TH350C failure many years ago and a friend overhauled it and got me a rebuilt converter. It was for a V8 and stalled so low that I had to replace it with a 2500 stall converter that stalls at 2800 now that I have more power. Stall speed is dependent on horsepower, vehicle weight, and rear axle ratio. I just sold a 3800 stall speed converter that was rated for 550HP that stalled at 3400 behind a lower HP V6. You can take a guess on a new or used converter or call a company that specializes in GN converters.

Makes sense. I emailed tci to see what they figure on that specific one. I'm hoping it will work.

Tci replied and their converter stalls at 1800 so no better than factory. They have one other for the 350c but it's a 3300 stall. I think I'll keep eyes open for a normal 350 or 200-4r.