Stock turbo & Untouched Engine--DRAG TIMES????

Seems like the only additive that will make a solid difference is a 30% mix with xylene or toluene - the other stuff sucks.

Alcohol is great but I miss the smell of real race fuel:(

ya man hopefully someday soon the alky will come. But for now would i just be looking for a 32oz bottle of 104 octane booster or something or am i getting it confused with something else?

Be real careful about putting any faith in that octane boost crap. I was actually getting knock with my stock chip with our junk 91 octane up here. So I started putting a bunch of those octane boosters in and it didn't seem to help (stock tuning on these cars weren't really that good). I started using an aftermarket chip in the car for safety. (Plug for Eric:used 4 different chips and my TT is far the best)

Race gas is the way to go but watch if it is leaded. Leaded is OK but you need to remove your cat conv and install a heated O2. That is what I did and love it. 110 octane at pump for $4.79 per gallon. Well worth every penny.:)

Fastest Stocker, I've read

Just looking for some signatures or recipes on how fast you guys are running a basic modded street trim turbo buick with:

STOCK TURBO, IC, ETC......pretty much an untouched engine excluding some basic bolt ons.

NO NITROUS OR ALKY

FULL WEIGHT CAR

WITH or WITHOUT STREET RADIALS......Not many run with 'em but just wondering??

All comments appreciated

Wanna see how fast one of these cars can go with stock turbo, I/C and unopened motor? Read this... :eek: :D

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/139594-11-60-s-stock-turbo.html

ya i guess for now i will stick to my 93 oct set up w/ a new TT chip until i get my alky kit....thanks for all the help.

BTW has anyone raced any lightnings??? My friend's got one...pretty damn fast for a truck but i cant wait to see his jaw drop when i pass him.

ya i guess for now i will stick to my 93 oct set up w/ a new TT chip until i get my alky kit....thanks for all the help.

BTW has anyone raced any lightnings??? My friend's got one...pretty damn fast for a truck but i cant wait to see his jaw drop when i pass him.

Every lightning I've personally raced at the track runs 13.8 or better. Most seem to be low 13's/high 12's with basic mods and tires. No match for a 10 sec 120-125 mph Buick though, so I never worry about Lightnings...

it should be a good race then....(with my car). I should have the advantage because he never can get traction because of the open bed.

One here with 600 plus on teh ground:eek: . Looks and sounds stock at idle..other than the DR's. I.e- dont underestimate them

Best time I've had so far is 12.37@108 with Alky @21 psi. I'll be heading back to the track soon to ramp up timing (times were done with 21/19)

Doug D

Billy Chaffin's super stock C/X N/A V6 Regal...3000+ pound car ran 10 oh's with a duttweiler built, 600hp V6....basically a pro stock engine with much smaller cylinders and 2 less of them...that car used to be Red, and was my uncle Chris's car, that he and kenny duttweiler built. What started it all for Chris was his 86 burgundy turbo t type. There was NO aftermarket at the time, and Duttweiler started this with his own red regal, running something like 12.50's with it, stock and a few small tweaks which got everyone's attention real quick. He sold that car to my uncle, which became the C/X car that Chaffin bought when Chris got bored with setting records.
Chris's 86 turbo t was heavily modded within the 1st year, (still 100% street car with alot of emphasis on handling and suspension..oh yeah and an 11,000 dollar stereo system) and he got it down to 12.09 (I think) with stock turbo, stock cam, stock MAF, stock injectors, stock fuel pump and stock IC, but I think it had some small head/intake work. Thats the 1st fast car Id ever been in at 16 and it ruined me.
Duttweiler and Chris were developing all the stage stuff with Buick, and Chris's race car had those prototype stage parts before the final prints were drawn. That race motor to this day is one of duttweilers most crowning achievements, in his own words. He pulled the impossible on a V6 buick when an aftermarket didnt exist.
As for the burgundy T-Type street car, all he had other than the possible small amount of head work was a balanced and blueprinted block, ran it at 20psi at the track, 16 on the street, a superchips chip, back when they didnt know what they were doing, custom made headers, no cats, 3" catback, race gas, and a 4000 stall TC and 3.90 gears. He had those installed before he even took delivery of it.....that and poly bushings all over the whole car. Let me tell you, that car handled like a slot car. Problem was that he kept burning holes in pistons and had the motor torn down like once every 3 months....not a problem when you make over 300,000 a year in 1986 like he did (real estate investment company), and just a sticker on the race car the size of my hand that said "werner investments" allowed him to write like 25% of the race car off.
Back then they didnt know they were starving for fuel cause Duttweiler didnt know what O2's were or how to control bigger injectors, (they make bigger fuel injectors?..huh?) and there were no scanmasters or way to measure knock retard or even sense it....given what they had to work with back then, 12.09 was incredible.

In the early 90's I went 11.98 @ 113 with my first GN running a stock turbo, stock intercooler and stock injectors. I had a Red 108 chip, 20 psi of boost, 110 race gas and 26 X 8.5 slicks. The only other mods were a 237 Regulator, K&N, and a dump pipe.

Thats very impressive there for stock parts. At the point Chris was running 12'oh's with his car, this was 1987 and at that point they hadnt figured out yet that a 4000 stall TC and low gears werent exactly conducive to good times. He had an 11 second 56 Nomad in the late 60's with a 427, and back then the idea of running times like that with a 3.42 gear were pretty unheard of. Funny how times change.

Ok just my 2 cents worth. 87 T, this will be 2 examples, stock engine, ic,turbo, blue tops, Tin man cold air kit, adj. fp. adj. wastegate, stk. front tires, rear slicks, front sway removed, pass. r airbag, this was in 02 Buick
Race Day in Norwalk. 24# boost @ 8lb launch, 12.08 @ 110.0 1.60 short time, with OTC 4000, no knock, C16 mix, and running rich all day. Unfortunately my cam took a #3 dump on me after that. Tranny was redone b4 all this. I went with a 208-208 and new valve springs. Added atr rr swaybar, and running Reds 108 chip. I just wanted to hit 11's with stk ic turbo, ect. Cool day at track, 62degrees, 112.7 oct. removed spare, 8lb in rear airbag, 8 lb launch, no knock, 24 lbs of boost, 11.86 @ 111.98 w/1.58 and weather was getting cooler. I have learned that tuning isthe most important thing to do. Moniter is a must, or cash will fly. Since then I borrowed a F/M and TA 49, good for 11.34 @ 118.09 w/1.63, wont cut up car but maybe one day!!

just simple boltons here. Never ran at the rack but i think i should be in the mid 12's with a decent launch. My only reason is that one time on the street i lined up next to an 06 vette, ls2 plus he said he had intake exhaust, and a short shifter. From i dead stop i spunn a lil but by 75-80 mph he was bout 2 cars back. I plan on going to the track this summer n hopefully will get some good times.

wow hard to imagine I used to have a stock turbo...back in 2002 I ran 12.20 @ 112 mph with slicks, race gas, chip, exhaust, intake, all the simple bs mods, stock turbo injectors and intercooler 80k miles on the original motor...drove the car daily, man I miss those days...now I'm lucky if I get 5k miles a year:(

In the early 90's I went 11.98 @ 113 with my first GN running a stock turbo, stock intercooler and stock injectors. I had a Red 108 chip, 20 psi of boost, 110 race gas and 26 X 8.5 slicks. The only other mods were a 237 Regulator, K&N, and a dump pipe.

EXACTLY like mine, back in the day. Same everything, but no dump pipe. 11.97 @ 111.xx. Drove to and from the track.

Ok just my 2 cents worth. 87 T, this will be 2 examples, stock engine, ic,turbo, blue tops, Tin man cold air kit, adj. fp. adj. wastegate, stk. front tires, rear slicks, front sway removed, pass. r airbag, this was in 02 Buick
Race Day in Norwalk. 24# boost @ 8lb launch, 12.08 @ 110.0 1.60 short time, with OTC 4000, no knock, C16 mix, and running rich all day. Unfortunately my cam took a #3 dump on me after that. Tranny was redone b4 all this. I went with a 208-208 and new valve springs. Added atr rr swaybar, and running Reds 108 chip. I just wanted to hit 11's with stk ic turbo, ect. Cool day at track, 62degrees, 112.7 oct. removed spare, 8lb in rear airbag, 8 lb launch, no knock, 24 lbs of boost, 11.86 @ 111.98 w/1.58 and weather was getting cooler. I have learned that tuning isthe most important thing to do. Moniter is a must, or cash will fly. Since then I borrowed a F/M and TA 49, good for 11.34 @ 118.09 w/1.63, wont cut up car but maybe one day!!
You ran an 11.34 with a TA-49?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that a joke?
Bums me out that my car is sitting in my garage totally jacked up. Used to be beautiful and now looks like a banged up shopping cart. Plus the bottom end needs to be rebuilt. Sucks so much. It runs, but it has no power whatsoever.

Back then they didnt know they were starving for fuel cause Duttweiler didnt know what O2's were or how to control bigger injectors, (they make bigger fuel injectors?..huh?) and there were no scanmasters or way to measure knock retard or even sense it....given what they had to work with back then, 12.09 was incredible.
:confused: Duttweiler didnt know that an engine needed more fuel as the hp was increased? I find that hard to believe. Even back in the mid 80's. The stage II projects were all ready in full force and had been in the 6's in turbocharged form:eek:

Why not alky. I don't understand why people put alky and nitrous in the same category. Alky and race gas are more similar. Just my opinion.

Anyway my goal is to squeeze every tenth and mph out of my stock turbo, ic, tb, and motor this year. I'm hoping for low 12s right of the start and then fine tune into the 11s.

I know Boostjunkie went 11.80s all stock on cheap Pepboys Cornell specials!!

Well I guess I have the last 14 second T type. My 87 has a cold air intake and 2.5 inch flowmaster exhaust and my best time thus far is a 14.8:mad: I got alot of work to do.