Stolen recovery car vin ?s

SHADOW

Huge member
I bought a recovery car in Missouri and the vin tag has been removed along with the rpo from the decklid. I've read that this is common in Missouri. I'd like to get a new vin tag on the car before I do any work to it. I'll be titling it in Illinois. Anyone have any experience doing this? I can't find any info on either states website.

Hate to say it but u might be stuck with how it is. You definitly can't get a new vin but if u have the original vin numbers u can probably get a sticker or something saying its vin. Vins are one of those very difficult things to deal with.

This is what I did here in CA

I took my documentation to prove it was recovered legally to the local highway patrol, they verified the vin from frame and hidden (?) To paperwork and attach a blue tag to body just below door sticker gave me proof on New vin tag and went to DMV where I was given new tags
HTH

I took my documentation to prove it was recovered legally to the local highway patrol, they verified the vin from frame and hidden (?) To paperwork and attach a blue tag to body just below door sticker game me proof on New vin tag and went to DMV where I was given new tags
HTH

NEW STATE TAG on the door post area ?? NOT A NEW GM tag right ??

I took my documentation to prove it was recovered legally to the local highway patrol, they verified the vin from frame and hidden (?) To paperwork and attach a blue tag to body just below door sticker game me proof on New vin tag and went to DMV where I was given new tags
HTH

What documentation did you take with you? All i have is the title signed by the seller.

What documentation did you take with you? All i have is the title signed by the seller.

the release from tow yard and letter of recovery from PD

just take you title, and explain, hopefully it has been cleared or you will have a lot of questions to answer :eek: