Stories of my T in Dutch Car Shows

Silver Fox

Okay, a quick post about two recent conversations I had/heard while showing my Turbo T at car shows in the Netherlands.

The first one was all in Dutch. It went something like this when two guys were looking at my engine. The conversation went something like this in Dutch, between the two guys..blah, blah, blah, blah, Monte Carlo? ("blah" substituted for incomprehensible Dutch words.) I had a good chuckle over that one. I guess it's the same in both Europe and America...a TR being mistaken for a Monte Carlo.

The second conversation was with a Dutch guy I was talking too. He had seen me and the T at a car show the previous weekend. Right before I was leaving, there were some loud big block MOPARs doing some smokey burnouts on the street in front of the car show. A few of them were pretty good. Right when they are finished, I slowly and very quietly idle out. Stop, powerbrake it up to about 10 psi, and smoke many, many miles off my car. Anyways, he comes up to me at at the show this weekend, and tells me that nobody was even looking at the T when I was leaving, as it was quiet and looks like an average American 80's car. He says I stopped, the car was quiet, then all of the sudden people heard a turbo spooling up, then a huge cloud of smoke and I was gone. He goes onto say that people who saw it could not believe the power the "little" v6 had.

I had a good laugh over that story too.

I will be moving back to the U.S. in September (to Albuquerque, Kirtland Air Force Base), and will miss going to Dutch car shows.

Rob