Strange Scanmaster Numbers

Vince13

I have had a Scanmaster on the car for 4 years and familiar the numbers however I went for a cruise tonight and just cruising along I am getting knock retard fluctuating between .1 and 0 ( point one not one degree)
The engine runs and sounds the same, I don't here any ticking or valve train noise. When I cycle through the rest of the numbers I noticed the Int reading cycling between 128 and 00 at idle.

I have checked the connections and will pull the ecm and reseat the power logger board on the weekend.

Anyone encounter this before?

Thanks

the ecm uses the same chip to run the low speed fan and send the data. I have seen the fan signal crosstalk into the data.

see if there is a correlation between the fan running and the funny data. The times I have seen it stepping on the brakes makes it worse.

you can try unplugging the low speed fan relay (the middle relay on the driver side) as a test also.

Bob

Ok I will give that a try, I also noticed driving into work today that the BLM would flicker between 131 and 00 as well as the MPH stopped at a light would toggle between 00 and 01.

It is also showing malfunction codes 24, 42, and 55

Thank you for your help.

Just to update the post shortly after my alternator went. I rebuilt it and that lasted 2 weeks so I went to the Caprice 140 amp unit and it stopped giving me the strange data. Unfortunatley that one lasted 3 weeks so I need to find the spare time to warranty that one.
I think it may be something in that area of the harness I may be disturbing. Time will tell.