Stuck Injectors

Sinister CO

Between getting married, having a kiddo, moving into a bigger house and other various things, I've neglected the Buick and she hasn't ran for a few years. It would crank and try to start but just wouldn't quite do it. I finally had some time to spend troubleshooting it. Good spark, good fuel pressure...the basics. It would run on ether so that points to a fueling issue. I was able to connect an external fuel pump to it to verify the in tank wasn't the problem. I rented some noid lights from the parts store and verified they were all getting a pulse. My next step was the injectors. I did a little research and found that they can get stuck and there's a chance to free them up again. So I put together a little tester and sure enough, three of the six were stuck. I gave them a few taps on the side and they started clicking when I re-tested them. A turn of the key and she fired right up. Sweet! Just felt like sharing and who knows, maybe it'll help somebody else in the future.
Here's the professional grade tester I made for the injectors. I'm taking pre-orders for anyone interested. Lol!

uploadfromtaptalk1458083671249.jpg

So is that a 9V battery?

And that makes the injectors click away like they are running when touched?

Very cool.

Thanks for the info.

D

Yep, a 9V is all you need. Touch the wires to the terminals on the injector and you should hear it click.

Partially, yes. I had drained the tank, put fresh gas in it and replaced the fuel filter. I did not drop the tank though.

Years ago my cordless drill motor fell off my deck and broke in half.... I took the handle that had a 12V battery and a switch on it then connected a fuel injector plug on the two wires that used to run the motor.

That was my ghetto fabulous injector fire-er :)

Way back then I knew my injectors were going to sit for a while unused so I got some Yamaha carb cleaner and a clear hose. I put the hose over the inlet of the injector and the spray end into the Yamasauce. Sucked on the hose then clicked the button until it appeared in the hose. Those injectors stayed in stasis for years.

....until I didn't realize my gas tank rusted up, filled the baskets with brown shit and got an text from Chuck that said ''WTF are you burning In that POS?" :)

Lol!

This time I'm going to keep the old girl running. Letting these things sit is just asking for trouble. I probably got lucky that it was such a simple fix.