stumble bad at idle.

Todays adventure pulled fuel filter bunch of crud in, fuel rusty colored. Pulled tank and sender no sock on sender. So cleaned tank, blew fuel feed lines front to back. Put new filter and strainer on pump. Started car and fuel pressure now goes up and down like should. Vaccum still bouncing around.
Pulled plugs all cylinder s this is result of plugs 6 4 2 pictured.

Attachments

• 20150822_190617.jpg
    20150822_190617.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
I wonder if any of that crud made it to the injectors?

Good to see you are making progress with this problem. Who would have ever thought that someone would not put a fuel sock on the fuel pump! Strange.

Last edited:
Im going to have injectores checked out and cleaned. Tomorrow im going to pull passenger cover and make sure nothing broke . But im thinking it is a injector hung open with crap.

Well up date fresh plugs, fresh cleaned and checked injectors . One had some crap in it., cleaned and all good now.
So fired it up same result rough and miss out tailpipe. So compression check and found issue. 150 in every cylinder except cylinder 6 ....0. So looks like I start taking it apart, and see what happened.

D.....!! I was expecting a valve train failure.... Sounds like a fuel problem burnt a piston! Hope it's only a head gasket! Good luck! I would recheck the entire fuel system while the engine is down to ensure this is not a repeat operation!

Well its apart intake valve hung open, head gasket all good. Didnt hit valve on piston, or anything else bad, so valve and guide be back rolling

Well next to a bent pushrod that is the good news, it could have been worse! Are you considering having both heads checked ? By a different shop! Better than doing it twice!

Congrats on finding the issue.

Good luck with the reassembly. Use good thread sealer on the head bolts or studs. And if using studs if you haven't done so already check to see if you need to add a washer to the top 2 outer studs.

Hopefully everything will be good for you to enjoy cruising / rolling for the rest of the summer and fall before the weather gets bad.

Did you put new valve springs in while you had it apart?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

yes motor has 650 miles on it ,roller cam and spring setup was all new at time also.

UPDATE on car everything is back in and together back on road again.