stupid da#! NOS hobbs switch

RKturbo6

Well finally got the car up and running last night. Got the DIY kit installed, went to the track filled the tank up with methanol and started to do some tuning. Well soon as I hit the arm switch the power injection light comes on. I check the connections everything looks good. Sooooo I check the hobbs switch (the one recommended on Steves site.) when the arm switch is on - going in aaannnnd great, going out as well. I tried adjusting with the allen screw in and out same. Tried swapping terminals ...same. Took it apart and sprayed a shot of wd 40. Then hooked it back up this time it was staying closed so I take a run and went up to 18lbs nothing. By this time I am fuming. Get back home start to adjust it and soon as I turn the allen key switch opens. Well thats 35.00= down the drain. Bought it months ago from Summit I am sure they will not warranty it now even if it is brand new.

So which store ( would like to have it running by Saturday so no ordering) has the best quality switch for the $. Napa? Grainger?

Thanx in advance guys
Russ

I think you can get them at NAPA, I guess you know why I dont use those things..

Good luck, see ya Saturday am. Search the baord for the hobbs switch, NAPA and see what turns up.

I think you jinxed me. I talk to you today and you mention how you do not like them and presto non functioning HOBBS switch.
Hmmmmmm thought I seen some vodoo stuff laying around the garage. ;)

ya mean the dead chicken with the hobbs switch around its neck.. dont pay attention to that..

Hobbs switch 1
RKturbo6 0

I'm keeping score :D

Well went to Napa and got an 10 psi NO switch. Found the problem with the NOS one is though the part # on it says that its NO it actually an NC switch. New switch works fine. 22lbs so far not a single count of knock had to check it and make sure its hooked up. Was kinda wierd first time I made a run with 22psi no adjusting the pump psi or FP or anything. Finished the run hit the recall button and came up 0 so I guess I am ok.

So hows it feel? Did you run 22lbs before without the alky? Any previous times to compare? I'm thinking of a similar combination and am curious:)

Actually I had never taken it to the track since I got it. It feels strong as hell. Soon as I get some boxed lower control arms and some drag radials going to give it a shot. The most I ever ran before was 19lbs with my old TE34. This new turbo and injectors along with Eric Marshals chip (This thing idles perfect now can't say enough about EM's chips, Hes the man) and the TH dp along with the alcky all at once so it damn well should be alot faster. Kind of worried a little not seeing any knock at all wondering if sensor is bad or something. But it feels great

NOS Switch

I just got my NOS pressure switch for the DIY kit. Part # and package are correct for a normally open switch. The switch in the package was a normally closed unit. :mad:

What a piss off.

Nice QC NOS

Hobbs switch 2
RKturbo6 0
Granny 2 0
NOS 2

Keeping score fwiw :D

Well I got a 10lb one from NAPA works great, so now. The old one I am using as a wheel chock.

Hobbs switch 1

Russ at least .5

c'mon show the new to the Alky club brother some love ;)

A little late here, but Napa has em....... :) I think I got a 15psi NO switch. 701-1577 is the Part Numba.