Sub Woofer Makes HUGE Difference

Rick

I've never had a system with a sub-woofer. Recently I upgraded my stereo to an Alpine head unit, Alpine 5 1/4" door speakers, Rochford Fosgate 6X9's, Pioneer 3 1/2" dash speakers and an Alpine 5 Channel amp. I wasn't happy at all with the sound. I just bought a small enclosure for a 10" sub and went to Circuit City and bought a MTX woofer (actually buy one get one free for $90). I hooked the sub to the subwoofer output of the amp and put it on the floor behind the passenger seat. WHOA!!! What a difference. I love this setup! I was wanting sound equal to or better than the Mach sytem in my Expedition and got it finally!!!
The final equation from a poor sounding sound system to a kicka*** sytem was a $25 box with a $45 sub.
I still have to install two crossovers that I bought for the door and dash speakers but after that I think I've accomplihed what I've set out to do.
Now two goals met for my GN this year: An 11 second time slip without blowing it up and an awesome stereo!
Thanks to those that have answered my stupid questions!!!

Glad the sub box worked out for you. I was amazed after putting a sub in my car too. Can't believe I waited so long to do it.

Thanks Ray, I'm glad I went the cheap route on the sub because I am completely satisfied with it. I notice myself saying WHAT???? a lot more often now.