suggestions for mod list

6gunn

high on gas fumes
I'm trying to organize the upcoming mods I have planned for the car. They are:
-3" downpipe with test pipe(already have 2.5" Hooker exhaust)
-TA performance headers
-TA49 turbo or similar
-60lb injectors with matching chip
-2800 or 3000 stall LU convertor
-deep trans pan
-RR airbag if it needs it

This is probably as far as I will take it. Hoping this will grab a nice 12 or even 11sec timeslip.
I just installed a powerlogger and have an AEM wideband on the way. Not looking for alky just yet, but want something that will be able to grow into it. Basically what I want to do is to avoid having to buy the same parts twice, but also be able to make use of them now. Other mods are:
-Racetronix 340 hotwired pump
-cream colored Bosch 36lb injectors with chip(46mph LU)
-power plate
-adjustable FPR
-adjustable wastegate
-cone filter with hard intake pipe
-boost/oil/coolant/knock gauges

Any suggestions or organize the list of mods I have? Looking for insight, thanks!

The stock headers will get you the et you are looking for. I would only go with the TA headers if your stock ones keep cracking. You could then put that money towards a newer turbo, such as the the 55xx or 58xx instead of the TA-49. They will give you more 'growing room' for when you add the alky. JMO.

I would suggest the 1 piece Terry Houston style DP. With those mods on race gas and some boost you can easily get her into the 11's.

Maybe a Dutt neck intercooler...

I have most all the mods on your todo list and the only thing I see missing is a good set of drag radials At the track that was my biggest downfall not being able to put the power to the track those times are plenty doable with a good 60 time and traction with your up coming mods

Might want to consider a Scanmaster too so you don't have to keep toting around a laptop...

Oh yeah, forgot the drag radials. Scanmaster is another one. Surely the list will keep getting longer...
Looks like I'll have to get the downpipe before I can hook up the wideband(which I was hoping to do soon) but the turbo dictates what bolt pattern the downpipe is, right?

What mod would you suggest I do next? (after I finish everything listed below vvvv)

I've done almost all of spring cleaning. All that's left is to replace the oil pan gasket/check p/u screen and pull the front cover to look things over. Also valve springs are an unknown.

Buy an Alkycontrol kit and a Precision 5858 billet turbo instead of the headers. All the Buick turbos have the same downpipe flange bolt arrangement.

You'll need alky or race gas to hit your et goals with that equipment. Alky won't foul your O2 sensors like race gas will, but if you don't drive it much, the race gas won't matter. Also easier to tune with race gas vs alky, but alky pays for itself if you put the time into tuning it right.

The stock downpipe and manifolds flow better than I thought then. Figured they were a bottleneck from the start. Hmm. I looked at the 5858 and can't see spending 1K+ on a turbo right now. Maybe in the future, but for now I'd be ok with a $500ish turbo, or just run the stocker since it looks like it can get into the high 11s. I won't be able to hook the wideband up until I get a good downpipe, and since all the bolt patterns are the same, it could run on the stock turbo for now until I figure out which turbo to get. Sound like a good plan to you? Just thinking out loud. Going to look at DRs now...thinking 255/50/16 for the GTA wheels when I find a set nearby .

I would go with bigger injectors and matching chip in case you want to run e85 and for further upgrades. Trust me when you go 11 seconds 10's are right around the corner and 9's are not that far after that. lol