Sump filter problem

T

Turboaddict

the sump filter i got from Performance transmissiions has a slight problem. when i went to push the filter neck up in the bore until it stopped, the tab whole between the tube and valve body bolt hole had and inch of space between them:confused: :confused: This is as far as the filter neck will go up. the valve body bolt hole will not touch the tube of the filter. I think the filter neck is a little wide or something. What should I do?

Not sure if I'm following you on this but it sounds as if you still have the old filter seal stuck up in the filter bore. Pull your filter back out and look up in the bore with a good light.

Those orange seals always stick to the pump bore firmer than they stick to the filter neck.

i checked the bore. Absolutely no 0range rings up there. i think its the sump filter neck.

I solved the problem. before i used to use a 700r4 filter that i got from Bruce and I forgot that it came with a silver pipe adapter thingy that goes up in the pump bore and i forgot to take that out.:eek: Jeez i'm such an idiot. So i got the sump filter to go in. The thing that was a PITA was them o-rings. God are they a pain in the but to put in sometimes:mad: