Super Car Show 08-01-2009 Glenview, IL

SnyperBob

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into a super car show in Glenview last Saturday.

There were two Grand Nationals and on GNX. The GNX owner was Al and I'm absolutely terrible with names. I already forgot the the two GN owners names. SORRY!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Diaz 87 was there and he's the one I met first? :confused:

It was a great time, I'm sure you guys loved watching me run around your cars like a 12 year old boy freaking out. $200,000+ cars and I'm staring at the Grand Nationals and GNX the most. Love it!

Here's some pics of the GNs, I wish I had brought a camera :( These were taken with just my crappy cell phone (2.0 mpx). Let me know if you want me to post up any pics of the super cars that were there :biggrin:

b199453000.jpg

b199604104.jpg

b199452608.jpg

b199452613.jpg

b199452610.jpg

b199452657.jpg

Oh, and I'm not sure if I told you, but your hood blew shut from the wind. The GN across the street almost had his spec sign blow over on to the car. He ended up leaving it in the trunk. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that

:eek:

Yup,thats was us.Next month im planning on being their to show off the gn again:biggrin:

Supercar Saturdays | The First Saturday of Every Month

Thanks, for the dates Diaz. I might can go on Oct. 3. On Sept. 5 it's a show in Chgo. Hts. probably 300 cars, food vendors carnival, burnout contest, about 50 trophies and anyone can make 1/8 mile passes. It's pretty cool with the city's firetruck putting water so we can light 'em up and the police watching. :eek:

Thanks, for the dates Diaz. I might can go on Oct. 3. On Sept. 5 it's a show in Chgo. Hts. probably 300 cars, food vendors carnival, burnout contest, about 50 trophies and anyone can make 1/8 mile passes. It's pretty cool with the city's firetruck putting water so we can light 'em up and the police watching. :eek:

Diaz please note for the sept 5 event, you need to be a minimum height of 6' to see anything. i was standing on a trailor and could only hear the engines!

Mike won't do any burnouts anyway. That would leave rubber to clean off the car... he's a show car owner.:biggrin:

Mike won't do any burnouts anyway. That would leave rubber to clean off the car... he's a show car owner.:biggrin:

Jas,

My GN has made a few 1/8 blasts at this show and has been to 41, don't be surprised. Also, a good possibility the T type may produce a pass or 2 on Sept. 5. It's a good event if your over 6ft., right Dr. Boost. :D

Diaz please note for the sept 5 event, you need to be a minimum height of 6' to see anything. i was standing on a trailor and could only hear the engines!

:mad:No big deal,thats wye they make step-ladders for:biggrin:

:rolleyes: 1/8 mile pass,sounds like im going to get my rematch with slowzilla:biggrin:

Mike,you got more information on this one