t-top headliner replacement

turbofrank

My headliner fell yesterday this morning i removed the center trim,front trim,sun visors. I need to know 1). The two side rear panels where the lights are do you just let them hang loose or remove them and if so how? 2). There is a piece of trim above the back window does it stay in place i tried to remove it and broke one retainer clip look as if the board should just slide in back there.

I just pulled the headliner in my t-top car out last week
I----
left the piece across the back in place
took out trim from behind the t-tops
took out center section trim between tops
took out the back two screws of the door sills(so i could pull the plastic trim piece out that slides under it in the rear)
Undo the seat belt bolt(t-45 torx bit) by the rear side windows.
Unsnap the back panels and pulled far enough away to slide the headliner board out.

Then unbolted the sunvisors and took them all to the upholstery shop.(oh and cleaned the board off with a wire brush)The shop is recovering everything for $60.
This whole process took 30 minutes to get everything out of the car---not hard at all
Geoff

The headliner install is complete looks pretty good now to see how long it last. Fabric from Jo Ann Frabric 1yd @10.99,3m trim adhedsive 1cn@$12.00 Advance Auto,one sheet 100 sandpaper
:cool: