t-top shades

crow

I see allot of T-Tops around but none sport sun shades. I see shades for sale by vendors.
Are they velcroed on to the window glass? Does the glue that comes with the velcro hold in the sun? Do the shades get sucked out if you are highway driving and open the windows?
Anyone have a set for sale, trade or does not need anymore and feels generous to give away?
Thanks!

I made my own

buy a front window foldable visor. Make a cardboard template and cut to fit. Paint the inside a dark color and leave the silver side out. BIG Difference!!

I made my own also from some thin stiff cardboard. the ttops dont rattle as much now.
I used leftover headliner material on the inside and painted the outside black. Now that I think about it maybe silver would reflect even more heat.

To all you T-Toppers

Your solutions are plausable and I thank you all. Bought some stuff to see if I can make my own. Made them before but not like the ones I am making now. The ones made before got sucked off the t-tops at highway speeds when I opened a window.
Plan A, I'm going to get a piece of thin cardboard, the kind kids use in school and make a template with it. Next I will try and find a heavy duty widshield sun blocking material, the kind that comes folded and give it a try.
Plan B, I have a 1/4"+/- white paper covered foam board, bought at a school supplies place (The template can be used for both plan) I think the foamboard will fit between trim and window. If the window does not act as a magnifying glass and burn the paper, the car too, it may work. The whiteness may be reflective enough and the tint cooling enough. The foam I'm sure is insulating enough. Have my fingers crossed.
Plan C, I have some velcro with sticky material as a last resort for securing system.
Getting some headliner material will be my final step once I get something to work. I suppose healiner material I can can be got locally, at any upholstery.

On my last GN with Ts, I just had 5% tint put on them and no issues.

Im doing that now. I may go back and add shades later, but I will make my own. I drove my T-top car 4.5 hours to Columbus last summer for BPG. Me and the better half got cooked and my A/C was not charged, so she has told me that the first on the to-do list is those 2 things.

:biggrin: