TA 49 Injector Recommendation

Shane

I'm just getting back into my car after a few years of only driving it a couple times a year. I'm tired of fighting MAFs so I'm looking into the MAFTPRO to finish them for good.

I know I don't need to buy a new chip for the MAFTPRO, but I figure I might as well so I'm in for a chip. You all know how this works, one upgrade leads to another so I figure I'm going to upgrade the injectors while I'm at it.

Right now the car has a TA 49 & Red Stripe converter. I'm pretty happy with both of them and I don't really plan to upgrade further. What's a good choice injector upgrade? I'm currently using bluetops and I'm thinking of going with the MSD 50# injectors. I know they were hugely popular before I went on hiatus, just curious what we're all using these days. Thanks!

Shane, a turbotweek speed density chip is a must, as well as alcohol injection, and now there are 60 lb injectors. I suggest you come out to the next Chicagoland Buick race at GLD in Union Grove Wisconson on June 20th and meet with a couple of the Turbo Buick guys and see what they're using now and get some ideas.

Blue tops will get you 400 RWHP with a TA49 and alky. easy enough.

Just buy the Pro. and drive it. :cool:

If you only plan on high octane gas in it or something out of the ordinary an injector upgrade might be necessary if running over 24/25 psi. boost on high timing.

x2 on the Alky Kit. I like the 60s, but both choices will work just fine.

Well, that works for me then. I guess I'll put the injector cash towards an alky kit.

I just might make it up there on the 20th. I've gotta say, I've been here for almost four years now and I really haven't met up with anyone on the Buick side of things. It sounds like a good time but I'll be ashamed of my horrible paint.

EDIT: 1,000th post! Again!

Not to worry about the paint, this isn't a car show it's a club race. Chicagolandbuick.org
BTW - It's a Saturday night race. Gates open at 3:00 P.M.