TA-54 Will Be Up For Sale Soon

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Here is 2 crappy cell phone pics real quick, just wanted to let you guys know it will be for sale soon. I ran the car at the track this weekend and then pulled it off. It will be just the turbo, throttle body won't be included. I still need it for a few more months for mock up but wanted to let you guys know.

Turbo i would say has 3K miles since it was rebuilt by precision. I run precision turbos remote filter so the oil is always filtered before hitting the turbo thus keeping the bearings clean.

I will take pics of the blades if you want but, there really isn't anything to look at. This turbo "should" be a bolt on setup for someone. The only thing i can think of that might be a issue is i run a ATR up-pipe and it fits. Not sure if it will work with the stock up-pipe since i havent run one in years. So only issue which is small will be the up-pipe. But you can see from the photos of my car there is nothing crazy going on with the setup so it "should" bolt right up.

As you can see in one pic i drilled the back of the housing and its tapped for either a alky nozzle,fitting, etc. ITs a 1/8 npt thread

Also i have part of the exhaust still on the exhaust housing thats why i took the pics the way i did. Like i said i will post more pics.

As far as price, well thats something im having a hard time with. I really don't need to sale it.

Its hard to get a bolt on turbo for these cars in this size. This turbo has taken me faster then most Hotair cars will ever see. Also i have put alot of work into this turbo. I know the price of a new TA-33 and that requires a core. humm, well i will list it at

HotAir TA-54 Turbo With .63 Housing jet hot and powder coated compressor for

1250, shipped OBO. Pm me if you are interested. :eek:

2011-02-14165254.jpg

2011-02-14165231.jpg

This turbo is the logical upgrade for me. My engine as just been rebuilt and will support this turbo. Unforunately, I am broke now and still have to pay for the rest of my new motor. Some things never change in the Turbo world. Brad

thinking about selling my Poston headers/ATR crossover/ and ATR up-pipe as well.. Humm package deal?

im going to find out soon if im going to sale them or not.

its hard to set a price on items you just cant get.

this will be one hell of a setup if someone gets them from me. turbo with headers ready to bolt on and go :eek:

Ya thats what I'm thinking, your gonna need some bigger headers and mine are gonna be to big for a street driver it looks like. Do you know where I could find some info on those headers?

No the Kenne Bell. I looked around today and all the info I found said they will hurt a motor on low end unless it will make low 11 sec or 10 sec power.

If it was me and i was in your shoes i would run them. No reason not to. Try them out and see how you like them. If they don't perform to your standards sell them.

No the Kenne Bell. I looked around today and all the info I found said they will hurt a motor on low end unless it will make low 11 sec or 10 sec power.

I think I told you that once before.:biggrin: The problem with the early KB headers is the volume required to spool the turbo up and the distance the exhaust has to travel. The exhaust cools down which cuts the velocity of the exhaust and therefore reduces in the temp in the exhaust so the turbo doesn't spool fast.

Ya your both right , I think if I build the right kinda of motor and give them a shot what's the worst that can happen? Be slow. lol Just gonna have to get the right turbo and motor and go from there.

Kenne Bell

Like these....? PHVROD

Attachments

• DSC_0531comp.jpg
    DSC_0531comp.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC_0498comp.jpg
    DSC_0498comp.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 417
ok, in a few weeks the turbo will be ready. Throttle body should be ready in a few weeks as well. Only thing it doesn't have any vacuum ports on the top. No need for those Vac lines IMOP

Also stay posted for my headers. they will be fore sale as well. not sure on the price yet. Will include poston headers, ATR crossover, and Up-pipe. If someone wants the turbo,TB, and headers as a package i can make you a deal. Stay tuned

Ta-54--- $1250
Ported Throttle Body-- $145 shipped.

Ok, its offical turbo is up for sale..

$1250 shipped

The exhaust housing that i will be shipping with it will not be jet hot coated but will still be a .63 , everything else is the same. Also im keeping the mounting bracket, but you can use your old mouting bracket.

Also the Throttle Body is still for sale..

First one with payment gets it either by pm or post. you will have 24 hrs to post payment before i move to the next buyer

Charlie, yes it did.

Toolguy, I will keep you posted on the headers. As of right now im holding onto them till the car is running and I can get it over to the shop. Once the turbo is sold that will get the ball rolling for me