TA Perf New stock replacement headers

TAPerf

TA Performance new stock replacement headers will should be available in two weeks. We started this project because folks were asking us about replacement pieces for the old Poston headers. After reviewing the Poston design and it's quality it did not take me long to see that I could not put the TA Performance name on them. I do understand that the GSCA/aka Richard Lassetter is working on bringing a header to market. Richard has stated about his new header (May/June gs x-tra) "Nothing else out there even compares regardless of price. This part of our header project has already been completed and verified". Well Richard new that we had been working on these headers when he started his quest. He originally wanted to just reproduce the Poston header. But when he contacted that company there were no options for him to move in that direction, we were already working on them. It turned out that the tooling was not going to work out in it's current condition to meet TA Performance's quality and it had to be cut up, scraped and reworked, other wise these headers would have seen the market much sooner. Things that were captured were key points between Postons and stock so if you need just the driver side, you can purchase that from TA and it will fit with either set.
Those of you folks that know me know that quality is the major concern above all and that's why it went through review.
TAV2009 construction and hardware data:
*409 stainless steel tubing, precision laser cut for tubing fitment to reduce cracking .
*Laser cut full 3/8" thick steel flanges.
*TAV1720B V6 1400' ULTRA BLACK exhaust gaskets, Fits all except STG2.
*All bolting hardware.
*Fits with stock, TAV2008 series, and Terry Houston down pipes.
These headers incorporate some of the options from our High Quality and very successful performance headers. The first run of headers was held to a lower quantity because of the times. No deposits have been required. There will be 25 complete sets, 15 driver sides.
Purchase with confidence through TA Performance.

Dealers that expressed interest in stocking:
TA PERFORMANCE
ARIZONA GN
KIRBAN
CARS INC.
Other dealers:
DLS
EXCESSIVE ACCELERATION
COTTON

Good news!!!! But I have a question, or actually need clarification.

You state, fits Terry Houston down pipes.

As you may know, THDP were fabricated in two styles. One to fit stock headers, and one with a wider swing out to fit aftermarket headers.

My question would be, which THDP will work with these headers??

Thanks!!

Good news!!!! But I have a question, or actually need clarification.

You state, fits Terry Houston down pipes.

As you may know, THDP were fabricated in two styles. One to fit stock headers, and one with a wider swing out to fit aftermarket headers.

My question would be, which THDP will work with these headers??

Thanks!!

From TA's website

All fabrication and materials will be 100% USA, nothing imported. The turbo flange will also be the same precision cut 3/8" thick piece currently on TA headers with elongated hole for precise turbo/downpipe alignment. This design will be similar to the now defunct Poston style, as the driver's side header will be a direct stock replacement. You WILL be able to purchase just a replacement header for the driver's side. Since a stock type crossover pipe will be utilized, they may be available as a single purchase part also. These should fit all downpipes that fit with stock headers. Header kits come with all gaskets and mounting hardware.

I am very interested in purchasing these headers to make the engine bay look nicer. One quick question I have however is will these headers have any power gains over stock?

Pictures

Attachments

• TA V2009.jpg
    TA V2009.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,271
  • TA V2009 Drivers Side.jpg
    TA V2009 Drivers Side.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 722
Here are the suggested retail prices on the new TA stock replacement 1986-1987 headers.

The full set $699.95/kit plus shipping

Drivers side $325 plus shipping

Our company will be offering a full set or just the drivers side for those that need a drivers side only. As noted by Mike, the drivers side will fit if you want to retain the original passenger side and crossover.

We fully endorse TA Performance headers as they have a great track record for over 20 years making the hardcore parts. I know his previous headers (performance style) for the turbo Buicks have a great track record and we are confident these headers (USA Made) will be the same high quality.

The stainless will give them the appearance of "stock". One of the first sets we will be sending to Richard Clark.

Inventory from this initial run should be in our hands and other distributors by 1st or second week of August. They have already test fitted the sample drivers side which was changed slightly.

Other companies may try to make the headers, but with the TA name behind this project you can be assured it has been done right and will include everything you need.

Be sure to contact one of Mikes distributors to put a set on hold from this first run of them.

This is a product that has badly needed for these cars as they get older. Their is a lot of welded drivers headers out there!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirbanperformance.com

I am very interested in purchasing these headers to make the engine bay look nicer. One quick question I have however is will these headers have any power gains over stock?

Speaking from my standpoint, now that the photos have been posted I think you can see these new headers have a smoother flow than the factory ones.

As for performance, one reason we will get a set in Richard Clarks hands is because he has the equipment and the cars to do some tests back to back and dyno to see what gains can be realized.

I am sure at some point Mike will do some initial testing also. We have had Richard test numerous items for us one prime example was the reproduction brake bowls that Cardone did for the powermaster units several years ago. They almost did not do the project because of the costs involved.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Power gains. As I mentioned in my earlier post that these headers incorporate some of the options from our performance header. At this time there has not been a set run on a car only test fitted. The first production run should be here this week or the beginning of next week at the latest. Michael Jr is going to install a set on our '87 T-Type to assure production run fitment. This design has shown power gains against just about every header that I know of. We feel that this will be the very best, highest quality aftermarket stock replacement header that you can buy. Now and in the future. Please feel free to post or best call TA with any questions. Thank you all very much for your support.

Hey everybody, Nick and I spent this morning installing the first set of production Stock Replacement headers (TA V2009) on my T-type to check fitment. All went very well and we finished within 4 hours without running into any major issues. The drivers side header slips right up into place and its easy to get a bolt started to hold it in place to put the rest in, and the bottom middle and bottom right bolts aren't hard to reach anymore. In all honesty there was zero frustration installing the drivers side header, unlike the stock one where it was near impossible to get the bottom rear bolt in or out from above. The passenger header also slips right in between the fender and the turbo and it as well has zero frustration installing the header bolts. Just make sure you either have a bolt through the header and gasket before putting them on so the gasket is lined up, or slot the bottom bolt holes in the gasket so you can drop it in from the top of the headers over the loose bottom bolts. However, the only issue we ran into was that there was interference between the crossover bracket/crossover flange on the passenger side header and the starter heat shield and assembly bracket. We had to remove the heat shield and assembly bracket to hook the crossover to the passenger header, otherwise everything fit like a charm. We're going to look into fixing this on the next run of headers. ;) We did re-used some of the stock bolts around the AC brackets which simplified the installation. The lower "L" shaped AC brace needed to have the hole elongated due to the thicker flanges on the TA header over stock as well.

As far as performance gains, I didn't really notice much. The car felt peppier at some times (spooled quicker to where it surprised me), but just the same at others. If anything it feels like it may have a tad more torque in some instances now as I can feel the tires trying to break loose from an idle stop where it never did that before. So its tough to say as it's an on off thing until I get to drive the car a little bit more in less extreme temperatures (high was 109 today). It did feel like it would accelerate quicker/easier in overdrive on the freeway when I gave it some gas though. Usually it would lug down and eventually speed up, now it smoothly accelerates with increasing speed. BUT understand this car is BONE STOCK, it still has the original catalytic converter :D That, and we need to remember this is a stock replacement header. I can guarantee it performs just as well as the stock ones and perhaps better on a more built up car that can take better advantage of them :cool:

I just want to point out that these are "stock replacement" headers, so the are NOT exactly like stock. Fitment is excellent. :)

We did re-used some of the stock bolts around the AC brackets which simplified the installation. The lower "L" shaped AC brace needed to have the hole elongated due to the thicker flanges on the TA header over stock.

The driver's side header with the 3-in-one design should help flow, and certainly not have the cracking problem as the stock one did.

The TIG welds and overall construction just shows off its quality. :biggrin:

If we would have had the time, polishing these headers would really show them off!

Pictures of the Passenger side, I'll get some of the drivers side as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 456
Bump

Any performance data yet?

How would performance be compared on a bottom 10 sec / high 9 sec car as compared to the TA performance line of header?

hello; These are new correct? Meaning new design from what was offered before or just new production of what was already offered?
IBBY

hello; These are new correct? Meaning new design from what was offered before or just new production of what was already offered?
IBBY

These headers are brand new within the past few months. They are not the same as the other headers TA has been building..... These are more intended to be replacements for the stock headers..... With a few improvements over the stocker.....

These headers are brand new within the past few months. They are not the same as the other headers TA has been building..... These are more intended to be replacements for the stock headers..... With a few improvements over the stocker.....
hello; I bought this yr. TA's SS stock replacemet headers. Will someone tell me what these new ones are all about.
IBBY

Maybe I'm confused. If you bought TA SS stock replacement headers earlier this year..... I think you got the ones this thread is talking about.

I know stock headers have been north of 140 mph in the quarter. I expect these new TA stock replacements to be possibly a little better than the stockers...... Without slowing spool up....

I bumped the thread to see if anyone was pushing these headers yet to see what they can do.

I'm leaning toward a set if.... I mean when mine crack again...

Look nice will have to pick up a set when motor gets done nice job guys keep up the good work.