TA49/TE44 real data

Stock ecu and internal wastegate better be safe than sorry and go with less turbo. Aftermarket ecu and good external wastegate the sky is more of less the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know.

EDIT: Give me a year or so and I'll be going speed density and my 6265 wastegate is setup for external wastegate. Just spent around $18k, need to save a few dollars. Not to mention, I have a daughter starting college next year and she and her mother are going to Europe next March. I'm damn lucky I have a dime to spare.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting thread on the ta49 being that's what I'm running until I finish my new build and go with whatever turbo that will need. The car feels really fast, actually really surprised on how well it runs with that little turbo on there.

Pretty interesting thread on the ta49 being that's what I'm running until I finish my new build and go with whatever turbo that will need. The car feels really fast, actually really surprised on how well it runs with that little turbo on there.
You know my 3800lbs car ran 11.88 at 113 with my te44 running a 5.7 tt chip, stock long block and converter. I have a datalog for the run, just need to find it on my external HD. My turbo spooled to 25 psi and I was able to get 1.79 60' time. During the run for some reason I started loosing boost, not sure what was going on, but when I trapped I was at 17psi. Probably would've had an 11.70 run. The other thing about that run, I didn't have a great tune it was running really rich which might have been worth another .1.
Even the 11.88 was nice for 3800lbs, with me in it.

Now I'm shooting for mid 10's. Should be able to get there, with my setup.

Well, I don't want to hijack this thread but I guess it's relevant to add my info and see where it goes. I have a .040 stock bottom end block I got from a buddy for temporary use until I finish my stroker. Here's what it consists of:
.040 piston stock rods and crank.

I did a mild port job, short side radius clean up and The throat area. Back cut the valves quite a bit, and did a 3 angle valve job.
Ta49 turbo, precision plenum and 70mm accufab TB. Cottons huge front mount they use to make from turbonetics cores. 40lb injectors, and a small flat tappet cam (don't remember the make). Also has LS style maf and translator and everything else needed to go fast. 9x11 converter 2800 stall. Alky kit

Not sure what it would run, but feels fast as hell at 20psi boost. Great little setup, car hasn't been on the road for 9 years, so it's getting a shake down with that setup before the new stuff goes in (y)