Ta49

VKREGAL

how much of a power increase would you expect from a TA49 on a relatively stock gn with a cam,exhaust,chip, and stock intercooler.
Thanks

If you have means of turning the boost up past 18psi, (alky or racegas)
The turbo alone will be 50-60 horses over the stock turbo
The alky kit alone will be an additional 50-75 horses over the stock turbo at low boost.

So, get a alky kit, 009 injectors with Tweak chip setup for the 009s and alky with a ta49 turbo and your looking at a honest 100 horse gain.

My dads WE4 has the ta49, bluetop 36# injectors and a old smc alky kit. His car is mostly stock, still has the stock ic and torque convertor, the boost comes up real quick since it has a ball and spring style boost controller.

PS, i would get a oversized puck for the elbow to insure that the wastegate hole is 100% sealed to get the boost to come on like it should

Let me know if you have any more questions
BW

RE: HE'S Right

Actually he is right.I ran my first GN stolen 3 weeks after this.10 years ago

49 turbo,
injectors ithink where 36 pnders.
Strecthed stock Inter-cooler.
3" inch exhaust.
5 pnd's onleft airbag,
15 on right.
Mc Creays on rear.
Drove 80miles to track....Car was hot put 5 dollars or racing fuel.
Probable waited a whole 3 minutes.20 pnds in fisrt gear.In drive 18 pnds,in third.Just kept me eye on boost.Motor never was taken out.
Went 12.14 no test and hot and through Exhaust.Needed bigger pump and ,injecters. SUre it was good.As I was easy onit. Great street car.SO Iam soing a Limited now.If I get my converter back.Have a small duttweiler frt.mt.
inter-cooler.Going to keep close to ten years ago_Oh had a K&n filter.

Love my little 49 on straight corn:eek: Just need to get it to run good again soon. Having some issues now.

use the web for questions. Guys know these cars.I stick to paint and restore.
Now have to ask who how much to re-build good running,164,000 org mi.
motor......MAn I'm worried over price.

use the web for questions. Guys know these cars.I stick to paint and restore.
Now have to ask who how much to re-build good running,164,000 org mi.
motor......MAn I'm worried over price.

If there isnt anything wrong with it then i dont see any reason to rebuild it.

BW