TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

I hope I'm not going to disturb things by adding an idea to this discussion. It's good to see a class of this type showcasing resently re-discovered old technology. It is way overdue. I just don't think it goes far enough to push the threshold to advance the boundaries of our cars (Buicks).

I'd like to see a class that in some way promotes the development of new systems. Rules could be setup to limit max engine size and head configuration and maybe even turbo size, but everything else goes. Manifold designs, fueling stradegies, fuel type(s), muliple power adders, etc. In particular nitrous and turbocharging. It is 'the most' perfect marriage and it's treated like an illegal alien. This is the alcohol, nitrous, and propane section isn't it?

So many other cars of interest are leaving us in the dust when it comes to the application of other technologies that have been right at our fingertips the whole time. These are not new ideas gentlemen. They are superior designs and I'd love to see them applied to our car of interest, the turbocharged V6 Buick Regals.

If I want to see new technologies in the field of turbocharging, I'd much rather go to a Buick racing meet than have to go to a Toyota Supra meet.

Even if the class was setup as an exibition class only. We need to bring new, creative and advanced ideas to the forefront. Buicks need to be leading the charge, not Supras.

Don't put limits on thinking.

Just because of the turbo I have and drive more on the street than you I'm not going to be able to run in a street car class? That is Bullsh*t!

ya ok .... you da man :eek:

Whatever! If the rules end up limiting the class to a 67mm turbo, Good luck! I'm not going to spend the extra money just to run your class.....

ok c ya later

hmmmm I guess Ted and Avon have guy's scratching their heads :eek: :p
so Jack are you saying to have TSO rules and just add the Alky ???? in the car!!! NOT drinking it :p

ok c ya later

so Jack are you saying to have TSO rules and just add the Alky ???? in the car!!! NOT drinking it :p
Your quite the comedian there Grumpy!

as far as your: ok c ya later remark.

I'll be gone WHEN there is a LIMIT ON TURBO! but as of now THERE IS NONE! so i'm not gone yet!!! :biggrin:

ok c ya later

Ok, then put the pipe down..... :biggrin: more BS from someone that wants his car to be the poster child for the Alchy class.... I have lots of ideas to allow for a fair playing field for all and I repeat.... FOR ALL..... lets have a class that everyone can come and show their hard work off in. You've already gone out and set the bars along with John Crawford, how bout we all have that opportunity to build our cars as we see fit.. there's more than one way to skin a cat....

Oh ya.... and like your builder/tuner..... get off the TSO kick, got nothing to do with this thread.....

Oh ya.... and like your builder/tuner..... get off the TSO kick, got nothing to with this thread.....

well can ya tell us if your goin to run YOUR TSO car in the Alky class???? :confused: guess I have to dig out more parts :p oh Jack ...it's ALKY class :D

well can ya tell us if your goin to run YOUR TSO car in the Alky class???? :confused: guess I have to dig out more parts :p
Are you confused? Look at the post above yours, I didn't say that! :rolleyes: WOW those meds must be strong......

I think.. Turbo's up to 106MM allowed.. :D

Lets get all those Ferris Wheel triple ball bearing 13 second cars a chance ;)

I'm ok with hydrogen peroxide, propane, E85, 50/50, whatever.. meets weight, 109 block, and fills up with the rest of us.. Whats the problem :confused:

Nitrous is OK in my book as well.. as long as pump gas is the primary fuel.. :wink:

thoughts????

I can see it now. Pit crew with their corrosion resistant white suits, two finger gloves up to the elbows and full protective head gear, refueling the car for the next blast.:p

Now you're getting in the spirit, Razor.;)

Nitrous should become a given in all classes, in my opinion. It's cheap, easy to install, gets people away from having to spit and pop at the starting line and besides, you have to be an absolute idiot to blow something up with a 50 shot. Common guys. How about we move into the present at least.

I guess Ted and Avon have guy's scratching their heads :eek: :p

I'm scratching my head big time. I thought we couldn't agree on a set of rules, looks like we just can't agree on turbos. I do think the bracket racing thing is pretty lame. Set a index if you want to level the field. Maybe 10.20 or something with a high 11.50 to qualify or something like that. Then everybody can bring their own turbo/combo to the table, but must meet the fuel requirement and alky.

This will allow many different combos. :confused:

Just my opinion and I already know where I can shove that... :eek:

P.S.

Jack as a dummy reading this post not following the history or anything, I don't know why you are so aggressive toward Russ and Grumpy. I hope you guys can settle whatever your differences are and come up with a great set of rules.

I don't see the problem with experienced racers like Jack giving ideas to hammer out the class rules, who cares if he runs or not, play nice guys. :cool:

Wow Razor, you are really opening the door here, E85 and Nitrous can really take this class into the stratosphere. :eek:
I would rather run E85 with a twin nozzle alky kit over C16. :biggrin:
But to then throw on the Nitrous is just sick, you can easily have mid 9 cars with this combo. Pretty much who ever can tune all this, runs the largest turbo in the rules and has the cahones to do it would dominate.

To move this along we should probably start knocking out the core rules first.

And yes, if there isn't anything gay like no fiberglass body parts, ac, heater box crap then I plan on going to this. I also agree that weight is weight, #3400lb minimum should be just that regardless of whats stock parts you do or don't have on your car anymore. I should be able to have a 3100# car but if my Sumo ass weighs 400lbs then my #3500lb GN is above the weight limit and I should be able to run.

Nice.

I don't see why you would want to restrict fuel. Isn't anyone interested in seeing how a pump gas car holds up to an alcohol car? If after the first half year or so, it looks like there is a problem, split the class. Sounds simple to me. In the interest of advancement, I think we need to let people experiment a little. See what becomes workable and/or popular. I also think it would help to bring in outside interest.

If its not 67 limit and heads up count me out.

Otto let it go another week and then we should know ... I would really like to just hear input from the guys that are goin to run the class :cool: I "hear" Precision is coming out with a new 88 turbo... guess thats goin to be the "in" turbo :p

Otto let it go another week and then we should know ... I would really like to just hear input from the guys that are goin to run the class :cool: I "hear" Precision is coming out with a new 88 turbo... guess thats goin to be the "in" turbo :p
Ummm, The people would like to see the TRUE RULES and you would see who are goin to run the class!!! Duh! that is what the hell we are trying to figure out! :rolleyes:

Otto won't run unless it's a 67mm so the 88 wont cut it for him.

Otto don't wuss out on the 70! :biggrin:

All you guys that set your cars up with 67's thinking that was the max should have re-thought it! LOL, :D

I really don't care what turbo is used, the 70 turbos are streetable and I'm sure there are many on cars, I like the 66's. But I can pretty much run what I want, so I really don't care, I just figure why not leave it open for now. I'll decide what turbo to use when this is wrapped up...

I have a 66 p trim and a FMIC with FAST that is a registered street car with insurance and would love to get into this class. I will have no chance running heads-up against a 9 second car obviously. I dont know how to make this fair for everyone but if it doesnt get worked out for everyone I dont see this class having much of a chance. Whether this gets broken down by turbo size, dial index or what I dont care. The more fair it is the more cars will show. Why would I want to risk blowing my 10.50 car racing a 9.50 car. And likewise with the guys running 11.50, they have nothing to win if they are lined up with a 10.50 car. Like I said I dont have the answer for the class but I am listening.
class 1 9.50-9.99
class 2 10.00-10.49
class 3 10.50-10.99
class 4 11.00-11.49
Maybe just 2 classes.
this would eliminate alot of the class rules on turbo size, front mounts, engine management, etc

Bryan