TCC Woes, Is it the Converter itself?

78oldscutlass

Why am I here?
Alright, Im at a loss.

I repaired my tranny 2 or 3 months ago for band failure. Ever since then, I cannot get the coverter to lock up. I pulled the tranny again last week and tore it all back apart and rechecked all the sealing rings on the input shaft, took apart, checked, and reassembled the pump and valves, and rechecked the valve body. I could not find any problems. Reassembled the guts and valvebody. I bought a new rostra TCC solenoid and checked the TCC wiring to make sure i was getting 12V to the solenoid and ground.

It STILL refuses to work. I checked oil cooler flow for restictions and found none.

Is there still something I should check? Or is my converter the culprit? The TCC system worked before the band failed. I hate to see how much getting that Art Carr converter redone. :mad:

Are you getting voltage to the end of the circuit, at the ALDL, when the brake is up and the brake switch is depressed? (assuming the switch is adjusted right) Do you lose the 12V at the ALDL when you depress the brake? Is the signal to lock up happening when it should at 45mph? I had a little 12v light bulb hooked up to the ALDL, and it would light up at 45mph. My TCC doesnt work either and never has. Its probably gunna take an expert and alot of $$$ to get it figured out.
Is your speedo hooked up and working properly? No speedo=no lockup.

I dont now have any electronic controls controling the TCC. Its a made up system using a manual on off switch, brake switch, and 4th gear pressure switch.

Even if I wire straight 12 volts to the Solenoid and ground it at the valve body, it still wont work. I checked it with the pan off and the system activates.

tcc woes

It could be converter.If you have spare,change temporarily and you will know if your converter is bad.Or try chip with converter lock/up .just my 2 cents.