Te45a wheel questions

Conflict works.lol.
ok cool,its hard to judge tone through a keyboard.ok I will play;)a little,i have seen a 45a car go low 10s idk what the car would have done on a mustang dyno but sure needs more than 450/500 to hit that number.i have driven a 10 sec 49 turbo/nitrous car with a garret.63 than went over 125mph at 3800+lbs with just a 35 hit,the car got hit with plenty more and didn't slow down,i put that one together so im positive of the parts.

A 60-1 (59mm comp wheel) will choke off in Garrett .63 if its turned up.
have you seen this or heard this?is this on a racetrack or street?i have run a lot of turbos all out on the street and racetrack both driving and tuning and am aware of the behavior,would like to see if others have had the same or different results

A friends car went 10.01 with a old shitty cast wheel cpt66 and a .63 housing, basically the same turbo as a 45a

What 510-515 hp....maybe, with a Garrett .63
im not sure if the tnetics stuff is the same as the garret Im remembering by eye it was close,if so I also know a car that went 9's with the tnetics .63ex housing at 136mph that was on a 70 ptrim

Bisons went 127+ with a 60-1
A select few I've heard have been above 124mph in the quarter with Garrett .63

Wonder why the Buick guys blow so many head gaskets...Yea let's put a 66 turbo with .63....holy fuckkin back pressure...flowing all that air and its got nowhere to go! Cylinder pressures through the roof! Back in the 1980's the Buick guys did this but that's all they had to work with back then.

Alls I'm saying is if you need to put a .63 housing on a 66 turbo to increase spool up that's not the right turbo for you!

I wish I can find a te45 with a Garrett housing.A buddy of mine has one on a 30 over 109,210-215 FT roller,ported irons with matching intake,80lbs,xfi 9.5 vigilante lu converter.It made 570 HP on a mustang dyno on 110 octane gas.With a lifter that was acting up.Because car sat several years.Motor is being refreshing as we speak.Tuner claims car will do 600+.

I also know a car that went 9's with the tnetics .63ex housing at 136mph that was on a 70 ptrim

No offense to you buddy thats crazy...

Omg, yea, lets put a big huge 70mm turbo with a tiny .63 housing...lmao... You know what those turbos are called? Dust collectors!!! vendors buy them and they sit on the shelf and collect dust.

I wish I can find a te45 with a Garrett housing.A buddy of mine has one on a 30 over 109,210-215 FT roller,ported irons with matching intake,80lbs,xfi 9.5 vigilante lu converter.It made 570 HP on a mustang dyno on 110 octane gas.With a lifter that was acting up.Because car sat several years.Motor is being refreshing as we speak.Tuner claims car will do 600+.

Claims??? On a mustang dyno or a overinflated dynojet with some behind fudging the numbers.
No way that's wheel HP! Not 600+ with a true .63!

No offense to you buddy thats crazy...

Omg, yea, lets put a big huge 70mm turbo with a tiny .63 housing...lmao...
its ok we have thick skin around here;).car ran awesome though went 9s and stayed together.parts are one thing tune is another

flowing all that air and its got nowhere to go! Cylinder pressures through the roof!
see that's where the real trick is,its still moving it doesn't just stop,and from what I have seen these high cylinder pressure combos do stay together.

10.40/130 mph with a 45 back in 96'.......an .82 garrett housing was only worth 1 mph over a .63 garrett.......
back then a 45 with an old AC converter was quite fun to drive on the street.

10.40/130 mph with a 45 back in 96'.......an .82 garrett housing was only worth 1 mph over a .63 garrett.......
back then a 45 with an old AC converter was quite fun to drive on the street.

Not doubting you but that's hard to believe. 124mph is the high norm...full weight car?

i have driven a 10 sec 49 turbo/nitrous car with a garret.63 than went over 125mph at 3800+lbs with just a 35 hit,

Right....took 35 shot of nitrous to hit over 12O mph in 1/4. 10.80/124mph is usually what to expect out of a Garrett .63. Not many people could hit that number either with that housing. It's like the 49 turbo that's been 10.80's on unopened engine...how many have done it?

Like I said before a 59mm (7 wheel / 7 splitter) will choke off in a Garrett .63 when pushed hard.

Last edited:
Right....took 35 shot of nitrous to hit 125mph in 1/4.
slightly over 120mph without the soft hit but she had a fat arsh at 3800lbs and a little 49:)on the same combo I tried the bigger ex housings pte.63 and pte.85 the .85 was the slowest.

slightly over 120mph without the soft hit but she had a fat arsh at 3800lbs and a little 49:)on the same combo I tried the bigger ex housings pte.63 and pte.85 the .85 was the slowest.

Nice job man

also been 135mph on a pte.63 with a much stronger combo,i know its slightly larger but the garret shouldn't kill it all that much.

You can make the 63 housing work if you keep the rpm below 5400. If you want to spin 6000+ you will benefit from an 85 ar. Basically engine rpm, cam selection, and cylinder head capabilities will dictate ar selection. With the small ar housings you typically run a higher cylinder pressure vs bigger ar housing allowing the engine to rev higher and become more efficient. Not everyone builds strictly for et though and like to maintain good transient response for street use.