Te67

Hey Scott ATK will a 3200 stall and 65 inj be good to support that turbo and if u dont mind me asking where did u get the turbo from thanx

Sounds good to me. Mine is rated at 3000 psi, but will go to 3200 when building boost. My turbo is a part # 6776S from Precision, I but it brand new from a third party. It's recently been rebuilt by "Chopper" at Limit. It's the same turbo everyone is talking about in this thread. 67 wheel, T04S cover, P trim, small shaft. If your going to buy new then I would reccomment Limit Eng.
I went to the track last night and ran a 10.21 and 10.22. Not to bad considering the serious headwind which limited my MPH to 131 and 130 respectively.

Never ran a 67 however I do have a T64E, TE45A equal, and it doesn't even kick in until 25 PSI... :cool:

Originally posted by JaBoT
I just put one on my car. I havn't got it tunned yet though.
I running a 3800 stall billet 9/11 with a .85 exhaust housing...

That thing must spool like a mother. Customers with 3400 stall are telling me that the 67 spools like a champ, but with 3800, that must be killer!!

The 67 and the 66 move the same amount of air, the 66 just does better in the higher boost levels. The 67 has a larger inducer, but a smaller exducer, that is why the 67 will not make power as high as the 66. The 67 will spool a LOT better with the same stall.

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER

To say something like it dies at 25 psi is a bit to generic. Without a compressor map, no one can make that claim. I have yet to see a 67 compressor map and I highly doubt its dead at only 25psi. [/B]

Well, I have to agree with that. Just tried TE67. It sucks after 25-26PSI. I went up to 32PSI, and no gains. I went faster with a TE-61. Just like Red Armstrong, Chopper, and John said......the GT wheels stink at high boost. The 45 turbo, with a conventional 66mm compressor will blow past the gt67mm wheel at higher boost levels. Now, I do notice faster spoolup, and big power up to 25PSI. The TE67 kicks butt on the street, but I only care about the track, so mine is for sale......two months old. I bought a Turbonetics T-70BB from Cotton. It looks like a nice unit so far (sitting on my bench in the garage).

"The TE67 kicks butt on the street, but I only care about the track, so mine is for sale......two months old."

PM or email me a price please!

Sure. $490 (I'll pay for shipping). Only one day at the track. John Craig built it. 1" wastegate hole.....perfect for THDP. P-trim turbine, 67mm gt compressor wheel. very tight turbo. I need to keep the accuator for another turbo.

Scott

turbo2nr@comcast.net

That car must be light to run those numbers????? Have you weighed it?

never weighed but definitely been a concerted effort to drop weight. glass bumpers, no ac, manual steering, LT1 starter, F-body radiator, Wilwood front brakes, etc.

Wow Scott your making it a hard case to jump to the PT70 if you are pushing 10.0's at 134mph and 27psi:eek:

Scott Atk said:
Just ran a new best Friday night with my PT-67. 10.05 @ 133.7. This was at 27 psi.

Good running car Scott!

Are you still running the .63 exhaust housing or a .85? How about cam? Roller or flat tappet? What specs? Are you locking the converter to get that MPH?

I've got another motor that's going together and I'm shooting for the same goal as yourself.

Thanks,
-Banning.

It has whatever the stock exhaust housing is, I think it's .63. 210 - 210 hyd. roller. It will do 133 unlocked ( precision "0" pump single disk) I don't make a habit of locking at the track at this power level but did try it twice in search of a 9.99. That's when I got the 134.7.

i am thinking about a gt67...for my car...what is the min stall for this? i have a ported heads intake, 212/212 flat tappet ferrea valves pte fmic 60/65 lb mototrons alky and lonnie diers tranny with orange stripe convertor...rjc girdle, ross pistons, rjc rocker shft...currently have te 44 and put down 469 hp and 617 tq @ delk performance mustang dyno...... http://www.shandy.com/gn/dyno/ lots of street driving and bg is an hour away...mostly run 1/8th mile track here...currently have blown hg rjc headgasket kit did not hold...would gt67 be good for me? or gt 61...

Turbo317 said:
can a te62 be made into a te67?? i heard that it could.
tia

A 62 is the biggest of the small shafts and can't be made into a 67---so said JC last week when i sent my 62 back.

Geoff

I owned a TE67 built by JC. It WAS a small shaft turbo. GT67 compressor wheel, P-trim turbine. $600 from Red Armstrong.