Tech Session & tour

Dan Ferraro

Hello all,
we are happy to be part of your forum and we would like to invite the local club down to the shop for a "Tech Sesstion" on headers and exhaust as well as give you all a tour of the shop. I could do a demo of Mandrel bending and we could make it a pot-luck or something for lunch.

Just to be clear, we are not signed up as supporting vendors yet but I didn't think inviting the locals down was breaking the rules. We will send the admin a message also to clarify.

Anyways, if the local Pacific NW club(s) are interested in seeing how exhaust tubing gets bent and how, and why, a header is designed and built, let us know.

If there is enough interest we can look at setting a date.
Thanks.
Dan Ferraro

Do you have a CNC bender?
Being in the aviation manufacturing business, I personally don't care to EVER watch the process, away from a paid position.;) It is an interesting process to see.
I, personally, use mandrel bends and cut and weld for prototyping, and header/IC bulding. I just can't see the need for a $50K+ bender for race car fab.
If you can build a production program for a "3 muffler" system, then you might be able to sell alot of systems on this board. I don't have the time to do it. One at a time also takes a TON of time. There sems to be an interest in the system on this board, though. I considered contacting Stan's Headers to get a system CNC'd. PM me and I can set a time to discuss the needs of the system.

We have two NC machines; one large for 2 1/4" through 3" and one smaller machine for 1 5/8" through 2". We also have two manual benders. The NC machines are digitally controlled and partially automated. A full CNC machine does rotations and length where as NC is manual rotation and length. If you are talking about a complete mandrel bent 3" exhaust system, yes, we can do that. I honestly never would have imagined a demand for it. For as long as these cars have been around, I thought there would be plenty of exhaust systems available from other manufacturers???

I'll send you a PM as well.
Thanks.

Do you have a CNC bender?
Being in the aviation manufacturing business, I personally don't care to EVER watch the process, away from a paid position.;) It is an interesting process to see.
I, personally, use mandrel bends and cut and weld for prototyping, and header/IC bulding. I just can't see the need for a $50K+ bender for race car fab.
If you can build a production program for a "3 muffler" system, then you might be able to sell alot of systems on this board. I don't have the time to do it. One at a time also takes a TON of time. There sems to be an interest in the system on this board, though. I considered contacting Stan's Headers to get a system CNC'd. PM me and I can set a time to discuss the needs of the system.