techniques with DRs

wicked6

Can you go to the water box with DRs.
or should I do a burn out without wetting them.

What is the technique with DRs.

Thanx I am a newbie to the dragracing scene and will be racing at my local track in the next couple of weeks.

waterbox

Dont put a DR or any treaded tire in water box. Go around water,back close to where its wet,pwr brake,lightly smoke them,let off gas&brake and roll up. Watch others burnouts on DR's,dont over do it.:D

I've done it both ways with the BFG's and the Nitto's, to me it's about the same I've had 1.74, 1.75 60fts either way If your going to go thru the water don't do your burnout until your past the
water

But if you can avoid it I guess it doesn't hurt but If you can't don't panic either!

It's no big deal going through the water with BFDR's. The tread doesn't hold much water (a Nitto would hold more, though).

I used to drive around and back into the water, but found My 60fts or consistancy did not change when I just drove through. I scrub my front tires a little to keep them from tracking water, though....

Turn the tires over once slowly in the water to wet the tread, pull onto the dry and do your burnout.

The water makes the tires spin easier. The easier they spin the less power you need to spin them, the easier on the driveline you will be. Investing in a linelock is a good idea. It will help save the rear brakes and make the burnout that much easier on the driveline.

Do a burnout to clean the tires. Huge burnout are not required if the tires are kept clean. If balls of rubber form on the tires, the burnout was too long. After the first burnout, do not drive through or park in dirt, crushed rock, gravel or grass until you pack up to head home for the night. Of the bad 4, grass is the least evil, but it grows in dirt, which is one of the most evil....

Drag radials work best at tracks that are swept and prepped. Dusty gravelramas on "pickup truck night" and drag radials don't mix.

Is this the same when the bf drag's are looking like slick's . I tryed a little burn out till the tires just started to smoke and the car spun thru 1st. Then i did a big burn out and it did not spin at all .

Originally posted by crazygn
Is this the same when the bf drag's are looking like slick's . I tryed a little burn out till the tires just started to smoke and the car spun thru 1st. Then i did a big burn out and it did not spin at all .

That's most likely due to dust or dirt. A burnout opens the pores of the tire and turns it into thousands of tiny suction cups. Dirt and dust clog these pores. If the burnout isn't large enough to remove the dirt layer, your car will spin. If you run at a clean, prepped track, a big first burnout and just a little clean burnout after that is all you should need.