Test, RJC P Plate

WILD6

Hi guys,
We (me and Ryan G) Just did the test.
Wild6 gain almost 2psi (1.5 to be exact) with the power plate, a total of 19.5psi on pump gas.
The test whas perform on 4th gear (OD) speeds of 130+mph.

Originally posted by WILD6
Hi guys,
We (me and Ryan G) Just did the test.
Wild6 gain almost 2psi (1.5 to be exact) with the power plate, a total of 19.5psi on pump gas.
The test whas perform on 4th gear (OD) speeds of 130+mph.

19-20 psi on pump gas is awsome. What octane do you guys have in Or. and what timing are you running?

Sweet. I've got one on my car, but didn't do too much testing and put it on at the same time as a lot of other stuff. I was telling JP87GN that he should get one of them and the "biggie" oil filter adapter as some of his first purchases since he already has the new fuel pump and adj.FPR (thanks to Frank).

ADAM

Anyone using a new Throttle Body or plenum with this plate?

I'm thinking about getting the combo with plenum and plate, and not sure about the TB yet.

With the 8 position ME chip on position 1, 19 of timing.
The pump says 93 octane .
We run the stock T B but ported to 62mm.
With out the plate i could only run 18psi, about two hours later with the plate almost 20psi.
Later got to go to work.

Well currently i can't even run pump gas without knock with the thrasher chip.

91 octane here, can't really do much about it. But maybe i'll just wait and get the tb, plate plenum combo if you experience that much gain with it.

Originally posted by 77tech9
Well currently i can't even run pump gas without knock with the thrasher chip.

91 octane here, can't really do much about it. But maybe i'll just wait and get the tb, plate plenum combo if you experience that much gain with it.
Have you tried some Xylene homebrew? You could bring that 91 up enough not to knock.

Yes, but i try and just stay off the gas, at $40 for 5 gals of Xylene it's kidna expensive for 1-2 points.

Same positive results that I experienced. Gain 1-2 lbs of boost with near zero knock. I could only run 18 lbs of boost on WA State 92 octane gas.

Got bored with that, so I slapped in alky injection and now can hit 24 lbs of boost (and probably more) with zero knock. FYI, running a stock turbo.

Power plate was nice but alky is waaaaaaaaaaay cool :cool:

Oops!!!!
It is 92 octane.
77tech9, i would only get the plate.
Have you try the nos octane booster?
Any autopart store has it.
The weather is in the low 50s so that is a +.

Yes, but i try and just stay off the gas, at $40 for 5 gals of Xylene it's kidna expensive for 1-2 points.
Not as expensive as an engine rebuilt! I think you should be able to raise the octain to 93 or 4 with Xylene and run 18lbs of boost with a good tune. Boost needs octain, no way around it, so it's either Xylene or alky for your situation.

I am not sure how you are mixing it, but you will pick up more than 1 or 2 points with $40 of Xylene!

If you run 10 gallons of pump gas at 91 octane, and add 1 gallon of Xylene (117 octane, I think)., then that is 11 gallons at 93.4 octane.

Add two gallons, and you pick up two more points, 95.3, three gallons and you get 97, 4 gallons and you get to 98.4 ( I wouldn't go more than that).

Of course it works better than that for me, as I get it for $4.50 per gallon:D

Well I finally got this stinking computer to let me in this board.

As some of you know , I have been running alcohol in my 87 T-Type of about 10 years. About 2 years ago I bought a power plate and put it on. Stock block, GN-1 heads, Pt52, etc. With race gas and good conditions the best was about 125mph. At TTIII in hot air it was 126+, AND a cam lobe was going away and the trans was flaring. I truly believed that the power plate made a difference.

Now last year I put in a Stage I 4.1 block at 257 ci. and Pt54.

these were the only changes. Before the power plate I could get to 24lb of boost on alcohol with only a touch of knock. Now with the power plate I am running 26lb and no knock. One night I went out and stabed it from about 50 to 100 three times and saw no knock. I mean 0.0. I started to wonder if the knock sensor was even working, but it was. I run at the track with the knock turned off at 26lb boost. I don't think I could do that without the power plate. By the way I do that because I almost always get false knock from tire spin or shift changes in first couple hundred feet. I find that knock slows me down by .1 to .15 sec in quarter.

Originally posted by 2 SLOW
Well I finally got this stinking computer to let me in this board.

As some of you know , I have been running alcohol in my 87 T-Type of about 10 years. About 2 years ago I bought a power plate and put it on. Stock block, GN-1 heads, Pt52, etc. With race gas and good conditions the best was about 125mph. At TTIII in hot air it was 126+, AND a cam lobe was going away and the trans was flaring. I truly believed that the power plate made a difference.

Now last year I put in a Stage I 4.1 block at 257 ci. and Pt54.

these were the only changes. Before the power plate I could get to 24lb of boost on alcohol with only a touch of knock. Now with the power plate I am running 26lb and no knock. One night I went out and stabed it from about 50 to 100 three times and saw no knock. I mean 0.0. I started to wonder if the knock sensor was even working, but it was. I run at the track with the knock turned off at 26lb boost. I don't think I could do that without the power plate. By the way I do that because I almost always get false knock from tire spin or shift changes in first couple hundred feet. I find that knock slows me down by .1 to .15 sec in quarter.

Now were truly graced! Dennis welcome to the board. Good to see you up and on the Internet finally!!!!

Frank

Well see xylene is 117, but I wouldn't say it RAISES your octane, there is no way to raise your octane with buying pump gas.

I dont wanna start this discussion, but xylene does help with octane requirements, it's prob the best you can do without buying race gas.

I've used the xylene many times and it's helped a lot, I just would like to get the engine running a little better without it.

Well see xylene is 117, but I wouldn't say it RAISES your octane, there is no way to raise your octane with buying pump gas.

I dont wanna start this discussion, but xylene does help with octane requirements, it's prob the best you can do without buying race gas.

I've used the xylene many times and it's helped a lot, I just would like to get the engine running a little better without it.

You are not correct! Xylene does raise your octane.

DENNIS !!!:)

Good to hear from ya. How're things? I've got a jig made to make more lap top stand bases. All the tops would have to be individually made per lap top. I also came up with a fastening system for the lap top. You can see it HERE .

ADAM

I thought this thread was for the power plate not fuel additives.

Frank,

Don't get your panties up to tight. I'm just here to keep an eye on you.

I don't want to seem like I'm making an endorsement for the power plate, but an article in the first issue for 2004 in National Dragster was very interesting in regard to the power plate.

The article was about setback blowers on top fuel and funny cars. The blower sits centered on the top of the engine, but the opening on the bottom of the blower to the intake manifold is about the front third of the blower. This makes the air go to the front cylinders first and rear last. They would put in shorter rods in the front holes by about .070 to .080 inch, and three and four about .040 inch shorter. Also would put different size fuel nozzles in different cylinders to even things out. Sometines they would lean one out and that would make another one rich. They would change others to compensate and after awhile they would say "completely lost on the tune-up".

By putting the blower back, hence "setback blower", they got the hole on the blower over the middle of the engine. That is why they went so much faster last year. They don't need different length rods or size fuel nozzles and tune-up is much easier.

We don't have any way to change the amount of fuel to each cylinder with the stock ECM so I think the same principle applys here for the power plate. Along with more power I think it also evens out the stresses in the motor.

I know some like me found a good difference and others seem to have found little or none. It is just like a lot of other parts we add, some work on some cars better than on other cars.

How can something actually change the composition of the gas and make it a higher octane?
By adding it, it's making a higher octane mixure, but the gas still has the same octane.
When the engine burns the fuel it's still burning the lower octane gas allowing detonation. There is no way around it, but there is always someone saying that it will raise the octane.

How can something actually change the composition of the gas and make it a higher octane?
By adding it, it's making a higher octane mixure, but the gas still has the same octane.
When the engine burns the fuel it's still burning the lower octane gas allowing detonation. There is no way around it, but there is always someone saying that it will raise the octane.

I think there was a play on words here. BoostedMaxPSI was saying that the total mixture (all the fuel in the tank) has a higher effective octane.