Testing waters>> is this car worth fixing..

RenR

Heavy Pressure
its a 83 with rod knock. im getting quotes of 3k+ for a complete rebuild. Very complete car. 125k on odometer. only 37** of these where made in 83. what do yo guys think its worth as is and if it were repaired?? should i fix it up? body is fairly straight, needs bumper fillers. i really like the car but im thinking of selling it and getting a 86-87. what do you guys think...

Attachments

• 100_0157.jpg
    100_0157.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 861
  • 100_0158.jpg
    100_0158.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 857
  • 100_0159.jpg
    100_0159.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 858
  • 100_0160.jpg
    100_0160.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 853
I appears to definitely be worth fixing.

With that being said. You are probably not going to make any money if that is the goal.

well if i fix it im keeping it. i guess thats what im trying to decide.

There are less and less around that look to be in that good of shape. Ether commit to it if you like them. Or find something else. I am sure some one will want it.

How much did you have in mind as far as how much you wanted to get for it and where are you located?

Looks worthy....but more pics would help...is the frame rotted in the rear? Are the floor pans rusted? Has the car been in a wreck ever and has there been any previous body work done?

As someone else said, if you sell it, you won't get much for it.

Perhaps you could find a used 3.8 rotating assembly out of another G body and drop it in and just transplant your turbo pieces?

Looks worthy....but more pics would help...is the frame rotted in the rear? Are the floor pans rusted? Has the car been in a wreck ever and has there been any previous body work done?

As someone else said, if you sell it, you won't get much for it.

Perhaps you could find a used 3.8 rotating assembly out of another G body and drop it in and just transplant your turbo pieces?

no rust on this car and no accidents. Will the n/a motor swap right over? i think im going to just park it back in the garage until i get enough $$ to fix it.

wash and wax it..and detail the interior..this will help get you motivated to start saving money fast to get her going...and keep your eyes open for steals on drivetrains in the for sale section..I bet that car will shine up nice :smile:

Car

Only you can answere your own question - Any car is worth fixing if you want it bad enough. Are you a motor head? Are you going to be doing your own work? Will the car be worth more than you put in it - probably not but if that doesn't bother you go for it.

go find a regular 3.8 long block to dump in and put the turbo setup back on. Then start saving up for a killer build for you turbo engine. That's a very clean car compared to others I've seen. you will regret not keeping it and fixin it up

go find a regular 3.8 long block to dump in and put the turbo setup back on. Then start saving up for a killer build for you turbo engine. That's a very clean car compared to others I've seen. you will regret not keeping it and fixin it up

Agreed. '81-83 cars are getting harder and harder to find. IMO, the '81-83 has THE best looking front end. I never have cared for '84-87's. The bumper fillers are easy to find. The rear fillers are the same from '81-87, the fronts are '81-83 only. Hit up brian at gbodyparts.com. He has them.

So.....ummmm....yeah, keep it!:D

If it was me, I'd keep it. I always regret selling cars. If your goal is to have a nice quick turbo Buick, you are already part way there. The 87's are commanding big bucks now. The car looks like a great driver, with lots of possibilities. Like was mentioned above, grab a cheap motor and drive it, or stash it like you mentioned. Fiberglass fillers aren't too much from GBody parts, and you can collect IC'ed parts as you go if you choose to go that route. Good luck with whatever you decide, and make sure you think long and hard on it.

thanks guys for the advice. i will keep it and fix it. im pretty sure i can find a n/a block for cheap.

Come visit us in the before black section and do some reading. If my car looked as god as yours I'd be way ahead of the game. BTW, go th your user controls and add some info. There's a lot of guys that will help if we know where you are.

make me a good convincing offer. i think ill have on to it for now and try to fix it when i get a chance

its a 83 with rod knock. im getting quotes of 3k+ for a complete rebuild. Very complete car. 125k on odometer. only 37** of these where made in 83. what do yo guys think its worth as is and if it were repaired?? should i fix it up? body is fairly straight, needs bumper fillers. i really like the car but im thinking of selling it and getting a 86-87. what do you guys think...

looks like my gangster brothers regal from the inside and my grand national from the outside. I bet that would make a FANTASTIC street car. Mild suspension, some nice wheels, new body mounts. I would definitly like to redo that car. LOoks very sweet and comfy!