Texas Buick Nationals

mhogan6

Damn Right
From the V8 Board:
Texas Buick Nationals.
Where-Waco, Tx. at Prairie Hill Dragway.
When-March 31st, 2007.
Track has been rented, with a mandatory rain date confirmed(Rain date to be determined.)

More info to come soon...:cool:

Mike.

Thanks for posting Mike. Here is the rest of it. ;)

Texas Buick Nationals*
Prairie Hill Dragway Waco, Tx
Located 20 miles east of Waco on Hwy 84 then one mile south on FM339
March 31st Gates open at ? TBD (It will be early morning.)
Tech** will start 1 hour after gets open.
We will have about 3 hours for open time trials, and then stop for lunch***.
Eliminations will start after lunch, till about 430pm****.
1/4 mile racing
$25.00 Car & Driver
$10.00 Specator Age 12 & Under free
It will be Index classes, we will all race heads up!

Classes will be determined after time trials

Time only runs
These classes could be changed +/- pending on turnout and to keep it competitive.
There will be CASH payouts for each class. $ Amount is depending on car count.

A limited amount of event shirts will be available the day of the event.
Hotel/Motel Information TBA
If interested in sponsoring the event or helping out at the front gate, Tech or the Tower, please contact Phil Green at hanodels1@yahoo.com
Track info at index
* Formerly called The X Bash
** This is not a sanctioned track. There will be tech in to help determine classes, you run at your own risk. EMT's will be present.
*** Lunch will be provided for all participants.
**** The track will open for all cars at 5pm for there regular program, you can stay and run time trials/grudge racing for a extra $5.
Also other brands are welcome to come and race with us. The Olds club has been invited. So if you know someone that wants to race, tell them to come on out and for the Buick guys that can't bring a Buick:( bring something else, everything qualifys.

Thanks,
David Newton
LSPBC V Pres.

I like the new name sounds good (TEXAS BUICK NAT.)and new motor should be in by then count me in
I might keep up with Mike now

Can't wait, and its closer to boot, and its closer for the OK club as well so be sure they get the message.

Question:

I don't want to sound retarded, but are the techs checking for everything? Roll cages in 10 sec cars, etc? Just wondering if the rules will be the same as normal events.

:)

Tech

Question:

I don't want to sound retarded, but are the techs checking for everything? Roll cages in 10 sec cars, etc? Just wondering if the rules will be the same as normal events.

:)

Don't know how strict Tech will be, but my understanding is that this is a private track rental. Phil Green may have more info. HTH.

Mike.

I've ran at PH quite a few times, never had a "real" tech to speak of, the locals say pretty much anything goes. Have seen numerous 8 sec passes there, so the track is capable of handling some fast times if prepped. Index classes sounds cool also. I'll be planning to go.

Guys it will be at your own risk. I will say... think about your safety and your friends safety.

As Phil said your at your own risk. There will only be tech to decide your class. So no bar, no problem.

If you voted on TurboBuick, sorry but you will need to revote on the V8
board. The thread on TB was closed by me and will not be counted. Please if you want index or bracket please vote on the link that Phil, provided below
If you don't vote then don't bitch!

David Newton
Tx Nats co-coordinator

Poll - Index racing vs bracket - V8Buick.com

:wink:

I will be there with my slow V8. :wink: Shawn

Hey Shawn, good to here from you. Are you coming to the H.B.C. Chili cookout? Need to be there for the tech session, put some big brakes on that Regal with the MONSTER MOTOR.

will try

Hey Shawn, good to here from you. Are you coming to the H.B.C. Chili cookout? Need to be there for the tech session, put some big brakes on that Regal with the MONSTER MOTOR.

Hey Robert, I am going to try to be there. Gotta see how it looks next week at work. Shawn