TH200 Shift problems

DonKarlsson

Swedish
Hi got som problems, see if i can describe it well.

Got a rebuilt transmisson and a new Protorque converter.

When i drive it it will shift up but it wont shift down when speed decreases. when i trying to stop it just pulls on with the highest gear, i will have to change the gear manually into first gear.

Tv cable are set as instructions.

what to do?

/Mikael

is it taking off in 2nd gear ?

do you mean it starts in 2and gear? it always starts in first gears with the shifter in 1.2 D or OD

Tried to adjust the tv kabel, now the car shifts 1-2 and shifts down..but not shifting in to higher gear....

do you mean it starts in 2and gear? it always starts in first gears with the shifter in 1.2 D or OD
:confused: You stated in the first post it bogs down because it was staying in high gear. Is it or isnt it? If it starts in first it is downshifting by itself. It would have to be because of the hydraulics in the trans. Did these symptoms start recently or was this an on going problem after a rebuild?

:confused: You stated in the first post it bogs down because it was staying in high gear. Is it or isnt it? If it starts in first it is downshifting by itself. It would have to be because of the hydraulics in the trans. Did these symptoms start recently or was this an on going problem after a rebuild?

sorry for my bad language, iam swedish.

Yes like i said, it starts in first gear. but when driving and up shift it wont shift down while driving.

it started right after the rebuild

sorry for my bad language, iam swedish.

Yes like i said, it starts in first gear. but when driving and up shift it wont shift down while driving.

it started right after the rebuild

So it wont downshift with increased throttle angle while cruising?

So it wont downshift with increased throttle angle while cruising?

yes thats right.

but that behavior is gone now, now it shift 1-2 but not higher...and the shift down works...have tried adjust the TV cable.

on friday we are going to measare the line pressure.