TH350 question

SBCregal

I recently pulled a TH350 out of the Buick. The problem with the transmission was that when in park, neutral, or reverse, the car had foward movement. I had asked around, and was told by a few people that the problem was that the foward clutches were burnt up. Now, I'm not "tranny-savvy" what so ever. So to you guys, what does this sound like to you? The transmission NEVER had a problem, never slipped, bucked, and always had fresh fluid. I'm asking this because I'm thinking on trying to tackle a rebuild myself, and just wondering if what comes in the rebuild kit is the source of my problem. Thanks in advance, guys.

I would drop the pan and make sure the manual link is hooked up properly. Also if you are going to attempt to build this tranny yourself, I would recommend you go to your local bookstore and pickup a copy of HPBooks Turbo Hydra-Matic 350 Handbook by Ron Sessions. This book is full of information regarding building a turbo 350. Good Luck!

Like stated above, check the internal linkage first and foremost. Welded forward clutches are a possible too.