TH400 - Race Transmission Shop in Tampa/St. Petersburg or Vicinity

Looking for a local (Tampa/St. Pete Area) or relatively local transmission shop to work on my TH400 which just recently decided to lock 3rd gear while driving it down the road yesterday.

Anyone have experience with J.W. Performance in Rockledge, Fl ?

Thanks,

Years ago we used JW Performance as a supplier of parts and converters. Products were of excellent quality. Customer service was excellent. They took care of the smallest issue without question. When calling for support, JW would have someone knowledgeable on the phone quickly. I called JW not that long ago with a question about an AOD. They had the answer right away.

Paul Lohr

Good to hear. I reached out the them yesterday and am seeing the same level of customer support. Very responsive to requests for information.

3rd gear lock and can i assume by "race transmission" = it has a transbrake valvebody ..

high probability the case lugs are torn off the case with an exploded direct drum.
youll be looking at a new case , drum , and a thorough cleaning of all the parts

when you do rebuild look into the kilgore case saver,

JW is down around Miami, tho, arent they?

My buddy Nelson Im sure can recommend someone to you. He has a 400 in his car these days I think that someone down there built. Ill give him a call and ask him.

I was not expecting it, luckily I was clear of traffic and avoided an accident.

Pulled the pan and found nice chunks of metal and related particles in it. Looks like a transmission rebuild is in my future.

Pacecarta, Many thanks for the thread link. It was helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57