Th400?

VKREGAL

I'm curious to know if the 400 bolts up nicely to the buick 3.8 in an 84 regal. If there is any modifications needed let me know.
Thanks

it should bolt right up but your going to have to change your crossmember and drive shaft!

You aren't building a 10 second car at the moment and you loose another 10% power loss just to drive the trany.

Just go with the 200r4 dude. Better take off and better gas mileage. If you still got those crap 2.14 gears get rid of those too. You will need more gear. 2.73, 3.08, or even 3.42 would be way better. Don't worry about going with an 8.5 posi unless you trip over one going through the junkyard.

Yeah eventually thats what im gonna do but I got a 400 in the yard, and i got curious. I think i'm just gonna keep in the 3 speed till i pick up a 200r4. Hopefully those gears will be gone soon too.

I need the 400 for a 350 sbc that i have, but the 3 speed can go. How much could i get for it?

400t verses anything else

You have a 84 Regal and it should have a 2004r in it. Keep it,fix if needs it.
The 400t was made for heavy cars and trucks with BIG engines. I have one
in RV with gearvender, does the job.
Diver

The only way an n/a v6 had the 4 speed auto is if it had the 4.1. I'd just leave the 3 speed in your car until you collect the parts to do the 200r4 conversion, then sell it or keep it, whichever you wish.

400 plus sbc in 84 Regal

If you have the sbc you could put a 350t in there as you may have the gears for it. You will need crossmember, but, the drive shaft will work, shifter will work as it is now set up for three gears. One thing to known is the 700r4 does not fit the transmission tunnel, that is why Chevy used a dual-pattern 200r4 behind sbc.
Diver