Thanks

Big Dave

To Dave and his wife for making another smooth event.

Also thanks to:
Richard for not taking the easy win when most would have. Me included. ;)

Gene for taking on the task of doing the event next year and getting fat man shirts made up.

Mr Singh for cooking up the steaks. mmmmm

Len Freeman for letting abuse his kid Tim "The Outlaw" Freeman.

See everyone next year in Bremington.

Later,

I had a great time even though I blew two head gaskets. Wow all I can say is 30 PSI is fun. I did get a couple of passes in before we left. Sorry I had to cut out early, I wanted to watch the NPSA race in Seattle. Hopefully I can get the car to run the whole event next year.

Brian

this event is the best turbo event in the country bar none..........23 cars and we pay better than the gs nats..........the comroddery at this event and the sportsmanship is some of the best i have ever seen......

to dave and kathy ........THANKS for all you have done in 6 events!!!

geno for undertaking turbo thunder 7.........and your hospitallity ......even if i didnt get a tour of the taj ma hall or my steak dinner :biggrin: ........and the lil black bullet maurice that would have kept me throwing toys all night

gurtz..........for smoking my fine cuban cigars and cooking my steaks on geno's grill (did ya hear that i had to bring my own steak)

richard .......in one of the classiest moves ive ever seen at the track ......you didnt stage you car in the finals when the win was yours to take....thank you !!!

john lindsay.....who evey time my truck breaks happens to be there!!!!! you fixed it yet another time

the connell brothers buster and glen.....they will never read this but without them id have a pile of parts....

big dave ...... a great friend what else can i say? .......besides you needed to bring your truck!!!!!

pat and wanda ......although i only see ya once per year (you need to come to vegas) and the walking carpet that need a shave

t2 and lil shawn or helping when an where they could........

my dad for comming to his first out of thown race

turbo terry ......for the evening stories that just keep comming

pat for the video and pics...........you did way better than the track guy that took one pick of my truck all weekend

the long trip home all 17 hours of it ..........left the track went to eat but the line was out the door we drove down the road got fuel and tim had to eat. got food and then the rv brove the radiator in hood river .....luckily one of the gus riding with me had broke down in the same spot. pull into walmart and tim had to eat. got 75 bux worh of crap and 3-4 hours later we were on the way......then tim had to eat.....hooked up swith grandpa(ronbuick) who was also broke down and he got under way and tim had to eat.......btw the rv is leaking about 2 gallons of water every 100 miles so we check the gas and fill the water pull a 4500 ft climb and settle in for a quiet trip home ......2 hours later what do we see ? grandpa in the middle of the road broke down tim wanted to eat but we were iin the middle of nowhere..........out of gas we thought ? in went 5 gallons of c-16 did it fix it? nope bad fuel pump is the real cause so the fuel pump get changed and we drive the last 3 hours home.....

now to the real hero of the day........

len freeman

dude what can i say? you come to a little event in the pacific northwest from vegas.......does that tell the people that dont come what kind of event this is ? if you miss it its your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on the trip home he fixed 2 rv's and cleaned out my garage of more buick parts!!!!!!!!!!

some day he might........just might get to buy me breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to close my story tim the outlaw freeman had to eat

ps congrats on the fastest stock block pass of the event :eek:

Nice writeup!!!

I'm glad that you had a good time, everyone that shows up really does make the event what it is. The track could be anywhere, the cars and the people make the event what it is...or should I say cars and trucks! :cool:

I wish I could have stayed for some beers, food, and bench racing on Saturday night. I was spent and wanted to get home.

Give me a few days, I'll send out some "final thoughts" and this years accounting.

I'm looking forward to Bremerton already! Road Trip!!!!

I would like to give thanks to all that helped get this event underway as well. This year was great for me ( I got my first 11 sec. pass) and as far as I know nobody scattered any motor parts at the track, unlike last year. Now we have to get on Pats case about the video! ;)

:D
First I would like to say thankyou to Dave and Kathy Loney for another wonderful experience. You two have done a great job taking all of this on.. I hope we will still see you at the TT events.
This has been our 3rd time out to TT, and and each time we go, I get to know a few more of you. We are all so busy yacking and racing, that we don't get around to seeing everyone until its dark and we can all relaaaaaxx... Although I think we need a few name tags :rolleyes: I think I am getting to know you all more and more.
Gene and Robin, thankyou for being our friends, because without you, we never would have started going in the first place.. and I wouldn't have gotten my car. Also, thankyou so much for getting the t-shirts for us. They were definitely a hit!
Gurtz and family, and Richard, nice to see you again. We should be up in Mission next weekend for a points meet (Dave we will see you there!...if it doesn't rain :confused: )
Shawn, you crack me up. You and your ceegars.. You're a fun guy to be around.. I hope the Sy works well for you, and hope to see you at the BOP this year. And NO I won't shave Rocky, I will just pluck him. :eek:
Big Dave, nice to see you, I was hoping to see your truck run this year, maybe next time!
Terry, its always nice to see you at the track! Hope to see you again soon, probably at a points meet somewhere :D
Randy, I hope your bee sting is all better, we will have to go out to Pacific and practice a bunch with our cars, you were looking good though, your Ty is so nice :)
Adam(Hybrid-T), your T rocks! Looks good going down the freeway too, you stuck around awhile like we did! Thanks again for my stereo :D
Roland, always a pleasure, nice to see you out with the Sy.. I didn't polish the car enough, just to make up for all the polishing I did on both the Sy and the GN last year..
Dennis, you're a wild man..glad to see you safe in that car.. nice to see you and Scott out there.
Josh, it was good to see you there, I think you were the first one to leave, I hope you had as much fun as I did :)
Kelly, it was great to see you out there, I am glad that Pat and I got the chance to talk to you!
Adam(White Ty), nice to see you, I wasn't sure who the white Ty belonged to, but now I know.. Hope you had fun!
Pat, I bet you took lots of great pictures!! I can't wait to see what you got this year!
Dan I didnt really get to talk to you, I hope you had a great time.. See you at the BM or BOP!
..And Ian... ya done good, welcome to the world of Buicks, from a newbie, too!
If I forgot anyone I apologize, I am just so glad it all went pretty well, and we all made it without too many scratches :)
I think we have a great bunch of people who are really into this event.
I was so happy to see some of our local Sy/Ty guys from NWSTP.com, and SyTy.net out there too, mixed in with the turbo cars.
Even though alot of us didn't race, you all made the event what it is.. a very memorable experience. I know I wont forget it.
I hope to see you all at TTVII.. wherever it may be... :wink:

Don't worry about me , I had plenty of fun there in Woodburn and that was just the beginning of my weekend. From there we went to Washaugal WA. to set up camp for that night and once camp was set we went back to Portland to a Nudy bar and celebrated one of my brothers getting married next weekend. I had lost of fun there and was giving one stripper a hard time about the way she shaved down there and told my friend she had a heart shaped box and she said it was a Pontiac emblem and not a heart. I told her I wouldn't know about that, I drive Buicks and she said really, I wan't a Grand National and I told her I had a GN and a T-type. She said, No, your lying and I said Nope Its at the Motocross track on the trailer because I raced it today at Woodburn. At this point she was hangin her peirced nipples in my face and I was Liking where this was going then my friend told her it was my birthday and gave her $$ and she took me in a corner an violated me! :D We didn't get back to cap at the Motocross Nationals in Washaugal until about 3 something in the morning and there we watch Rick Carmicheal kick the crap out of all the others and went home with a little sun burn and a smile. :smile:

idaho gn said:
this event is the best turbo event in the country bar none..........23 cars and we pay better than the gs nats..........the comroddery at this event and the sportsmanship is some of the best i have ever seen......

to dave and kathy ........THANKS for all you have done in 6 events!!!

geno for undertaking turbo thunder 7.........and your hospitallity ......even if i didnt get a tour of the taj ma hall or my steak dinner :biggrin: ........and the lil black bullet maurice that would have kept me throwing toys all night

gurtz..........for smoking my fine cuban cigars and cooking my steaks on geno's grill (did ya hear that i had to bring my own steak)

richard .......in one of the classiest moves ive ever seen at the track ......you didnt stage you car in the finals when the win was yours to take....thank you !!!

john lindsay.....who evey time my truck breaks happens to be there!!!!! you fixed it yet another time

the connell brothers buster and glen.....they will never read this but without them id have a pile of parts....

big dave ...... a great friend what else can i say? .......besides you needed to bring your truck!!!!!

pat and wanda ......although i only see ya once per year (you need to come to vegas) and the walking carpet that need a shave

t2 and lil shawn or helping when an where they could........

my dad for comming to his first out of thown race

turbo terry ......for the evening stories that just keep comming

pat for the video and pics...........you did way better than the track guy that took one pick of my truck all weekend

the long trip home all 17 hours of it ..........left the track went to eat but the line was out the door we drove down the road got fuel and tim had to eat. got food and then the rv brove the radiator in hood river .....luckily one of the gus riding with me had broke down in the same spot. pull into walmart and tim had to eat. got 75 bux worh of crap and 3-4 hours later we were on the way......then tim had to eat.....hooked up swith grandpa(ronbuick) who was also broke down and he got under way and tim had to eat.......btw the rv is leaking about 2 gallons of water every 100 miles so we check the gas and fill the water pull a 4500 ft climb and settle in for a quiet trip home ......2 hours later what do we see ? grandpa in the middle of the road broke down tim wanted to eat but we were iin the middle of nowhere..........out of gas we thought ? in went 5 gallons of c-16 did it fix it? nope bad fuel pump is the real cause so the fuel pump get changed and we drive the last 3 hours home.....

now to the real hero of the day........

len freeman

dude what can i say? you come to a little event in the pacific northwest from vegas.......does that tell the people that dont come what kind of event this is ? if you miss it its your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on the trip home he fixed 2 rv's and cleaned out my garage of more buick parts!!!!!!!!!!

some day he might........just might get to buy me breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to close my story tim the outlaw freeman had to eat

ps congrats on the fastest stock block pass of the event :eek:

thanks to dave and kathy for this event. we always have the most fun with you guys . its the best bunch of people. and our favorite event. its well worth the 1000 mile drive and were looking forward to having it up in WA. next year. shawn, big dave, chris, geno and the rest always take good care of tim and i and this year jessie. and keep us laughing our a$$ off. the motor home thing was no big deal. $hit happens. im glad it all went well and everybody got home safe. thanks to everyone and see you next year.

Another great time too be had at TT7, can not wait til next year, which looks to be in Bremerton, Wa. I went out in the 1st round by the ol red eye, close at .018, but on the wrong side, lol. OK, where to begin, the trip to Woodburn was smooth, the return trip was another matter, filled up with gas in the motor home in Boardman and gas was leaking out of the fuel tank, just great!!
since it was about 10 at night I really could not see anything, limped into Pendelton and spent the night in a RV park, called Shawn idahogn, and told him we were broke down, Shawn was also broke down and when he gets back on the road he will give us help. Well during that time I trouble shooted my fuel leak and it was coming out of the top of the sending unit, I got some stuff called Seal-All and kind of encapsulated the sending unit, all is good, or so I thought.
About 40 miles outside of Ontario, the M-home dies in the middle of frickin nowhere, of all the places too stop and pull over I was next to a guard rail and my car trailer rear wheels were still on the freeway, this was about 10 at night, not good. Too the rescue comes Shawn asnd Len Freeman to help me out, possibly thought we were out of gas, Shawn sticks in 5 gal. C-16, if nothing else my exhaust will smell pleasant, that is not it, trouble shoot further, fuel pump took a dump, I'm glad I had a spare, but the first thing we need to do is get clear of the guard rail where we have a safer distance off of the freeway, Lenny and his son Tim the "outlaw" were dumping C-16 down the carb to move it forward to a safer area, once clear Lenny crawled under the RV and removed the old pump and installed the new one with gas running all over him, that shiz burns, and I know he was too, and did not say a word about it, what an adventure, I told my wife May who was there also that I can not wait for Vegas too see what happens. Hey thanks you guys for bailing me out, thanks Shawn, Len and Tim and everyone else that was there and to my wife May for not freaking out.

Ron

Thanks to Dave and Kathy and everyone that put this together. We had a great time and we're both glad that we made the trek down.

I had alot of fun racing and drinking beer with everyone, and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year for sure. I hope not to let Gurts off so easy next year with a redlight in the semi's :eek:

Hope to see a bunch of you guys in Vegas this year as well :cool:

c&cgn said:
Thanks to Dave and Kathy and everyone that put this together. We had a great time and we're both glad that we made the trek down.

I had alot of fun racing and drinking beer with everyone, and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year for sure. I hope not to let Gurts off so easy next year with a redlight in the semi's :eek:

Hope to see a bunch of you guys in Vegas this year as well :cool:

Theres always next year :biggrin:

Chris Singh

hey del!!

dave-- are there any tshirts left for sale?? i would like to buy a few more x-large. if you have them. also i really like the "final thoughts" you always post. hows that going? thanks again. Len

Len,

Typin this from my cellular attached laptop, we're heading home from the Division race in Mission BC. We qualified #1 with the funny car but lost in round 2.

So are you looking for black T-shirts or last years white ones? Let me know and I'll check with the wife.

I definitely want to post some final thoughts, along with the budget...just been out having too much fun!

thanks dave--im looking for the black one's. sounds like fun. i miss the race's now the gallina's are retired.

yes all of that is true and thanks this year was lots of fun (HOT TOO)

I found out why the TY was running slow on boost I was getting 6 degrees of knock retard.. :mad: 92 octane and 90 degree heat bad for moto. at 18 psi
I will get this prob fixed and run it down at PIR on the 1st... :)

LV GN said:
thanks dave--im looking for the black one's. sounds like fun. i miss the race's now the gallina's are retired.

I bought 50 shirts and they all sold (Sorry Buddy):eek: I might have to order more if enough people want them. I only got one for myself and didnt even get one for Robin:rolleyes: I might start a thread and see how many people want more :confused:

DEL said:
Len,

Typin this from my cellular attached laptop, we're heading home from the Division race in Mission BC. We qualified #1 with the funny car but lost in round 2.

Your making us Buick guys proud big head :cool:
You qualified #1 so you guys were fast again witch means its was no fluke at the Nats....

geno said:
DEL said:
Your making us Buick guys proud big head :cool:
You qualified #1 so you guys were fast again witch means its was no fluke at the Nats....

Thanks Gene, we were pretty happy with the #1 qualifier again.

I tell you what, it spoils you when the car runs good. You quickly grow to expect stellar passes every lap. Its immediately not good enough just to qualify, you want the pole every time.