The Atomic GN today

Tony Shoaff

The Day began wet:confused: I kept driving too Havanna Midstate Dragway?? Rain stopped sun came out:) New converter installed,tighter. Boost running tuner style 25-26lbs? No timing Same from new motor install 19deg. across the rpm range. Off the trans brake, starting@1st pass yellow 6.66@109.26, 2nd "" 6.47@109.25 Both staged lights on? 3rd "" First yellow staging 7.17@106.85?? The track was going down, car got slower?? I ran back to back another track 6.17@111.37 1st pass 2nd pass 6.16@111.59 staging@ 1st yellow 2 weeks ago with other converter and boost 25-28. What do you all think:confused: I know it has more than this. I like the way this new conv. worked but it slowed down or was it the tuner style boost controlling?:confused: :eek: :D :eek: :(

With the line straight to the wg, it's not going to build boost as fast. That will also play hell with your stall speed. If you want lower boost more than 25-26, sounds like you need to port that hole or start thinking about a good external wg. At any rate I would hook back up the wg solenoid to get a better spool up. That will hit the converter harder and change how it reacts.

Any logs from today you care to share? :biggrin:

Rick