The Big Buick Car show This weekend

"The Car Show"

Thanks to all the people who showed up and participated in the Show. It was the biggest turnout to date. It gets bigger each year and that because all you people who show up. I would really like to thank each and very one who enter there car in the show with 41 vehicles in the show and over 75 car on property it was huge, a special thanks to all who helped me and a really special thanks to Bob G. Steve L. Pat F. and Linda F, for all the real help in the booth. The show ran a little long , because there was about 60 extra ballots to count but all in all the Show was a great success. See you all next year the first Sunday in June, 2008

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
"and dam proud of it"

Steve,

Sorry to chime in late but I did want to say "Thanks" and that I had a really good time. It was nice to see all the cars and run into a few folks I hadn't crossed paths with in awhile or hadn't met previously. I thought it was pretty funny when Lee AKA: Cruzn 57 (who I hadn't yet met) came up to me at the prize table and started a conversation with Pat Fiero opening up with "I hear some gay guys are coming up from San Diego". I was sure Lou had put him up to that. :biggrin:

All told the weather was great, the show was bigger than I'd ever seen before and the raffle had some nice prizes. Hard to believe I didn't win anything (which is actually a first) but I had a fun time. Next time I'll get there early and get the wife to tag along and we'll both enter our cars to bolster the count.

Neal

what a reaction!

was a pleasure to meet you, after emailing for the last few years!
the reaction from you was priceless, kinda shock, kinda "is this for real"?
if you bring 2 cars, so will I,
enjoyed the show, the people, the cars,
thanks !

So who was in the GN that was playing with the green Vette on Bear Valley Parkway on the way home from the show. Headgaskets go ?

So who was in the GN that was playing with the green Vette on Bear Valley Parkway on the way home from the show. Headgaskets go ?

It was the guy that won 1st place in the GN stock class....he was parked next to me (damn I forgot his name). When we left Bates I caught up to them and was behind them when he and the guy in the Vette were messing around. On their last race from the traffic light the GN had about 2 cars on the Vette when he let off.:D The Vette was no slouch either cuz the rearend kicked hard when he shifted to 2nd. Around that moment I saw a little white smoke coming from his right tailpipe. At the same time my brother, who was riding shotgun said he smelled coolant.:eek:

We got on the 15 south and there was quite a bit of traffic. I guess the guy in the GN got up ahead and couldn't see him anymore so I assumed he exited to go to a gas station or something. I was following the Vette guy and caught up with my other buddy with the Syclone. A couple of minutes later that's when we saw the other GN parked on the side of the 15 with tons of white smoke pouring out from under the hood.:eek: I'm thinking a coolant hose blew (hopefully) and not a head gasket.

If it's any consolation to him at least he won the GN stock class and beat a 330hp LT4 Vette.:D

I saw the same GN by the side of the road in my way back to my house. I actually tried to get off at Poway Road so I could come back to help him. I ended up getting screwed around with the construction on the 56 @ Ted Willaims Pkwy.and never made it to him. All I can say is that there was a whole lot of steam and water on the ground when I first spotted him sitting there. I'm guessing headgasket.

Neal

It was the guy that won 1st place in the GN stock class....he was parked next to me (damn I forgot his name). When we left Bates I caught up to them and was behind them when he and the guy in the Vette were messing around. On their last race from the traffic light the GN had about 2 cars on the Vette when he let off.:D The Vette was no slouch either cuz the rearend kicked hard when he shifted to 2nd. Around that moment I saw a little white smoke coming from his right tailpipe. At the same time my brother, who was riding shotgun said he smelled coolant.:eek:

We got on the 15 south and there was quite a bit of traffic. I guess the guy in the GN got up ahead and couldn't see him anymore so I assumed he exited to go to a gas station or something. I was following the Vette guy and caught up with my other buddy with the Syclone. A couple of minutes later that's when we saw the other GN parked on the side of the 15 with tons of white smoke pouring out from under the hood.:eek: I'm thinking a coolant hose blew (hopefully) and not a head gasket.

If it's any consolation to him at least he won the GN stock class and beat a 330hp LT4 Vette.:D

Vette has a magnaflow cat-back, air foil, and a tune on top of the LT4, but I don't know if its much of a consolation - I'd rather loose, then ride home on the back of a flat bed. But thats me.:D

Vette has a magnaflow cat-back, air foil, and a tune on top of the LT4, but I don't know if its much of a consolation - I'd rather loose, then ride home on the back of a flat bed. But thats me.:D

Yeah I know, I was telling my bro that I hope racing that Vette was worth a head gasket.

Oh yeah those Magnaflows sound really good on that Vette!