The Biggest Giveaway Ever- Christmas 07 Mega Charity Drive! ToyForTots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$ sent, count me in

Forgot to post last week. Oh well, just sent in mine in one lump sum. Thanks for the great cause and the opportunity.

Weav-I would be interested in knowing the total raised so far. Maybe you could post a tally each week so we can see the progress. Maybe this will inspire greater activity, or let those of us that are really making it happen to know if we need to bump it up a little.

Forgot to post last week. Oh well, just sent in mine in one lump sum. Thanks for the great cause and the opportunity.

Weav-I would be interested in knowing the total raised so far. Maybe you could post a tally each week so we can see the progress. Maybe this will inspire greater activity, or let those of us that are really making it happen to know if we need to bump it up a little.

Shane & I figure out so far donations tally about $4.00 or less per person. There also have been quite a few $50.00 - $100.00 person donations so yeah if we could get the donations up alittle bit that would be great.
We are getting more parts donated on a a daily bassis from vendors.
CARRTUNZ
C/O GARY KOKOTIS
419A PAGE PLACE RD.
STATESBORO,GA. 30458
donating a anti-theft system and any parts/labor needed to install the stereo,scanmaster,electronics,alarm,etc needed.

Mike's Monte's just donated Front & rear buckets seat covers.
We will be donating the bucket seats & steering column.

REM is donating a minimum of a rear package tray but probablly new rear & under seat jute padding.

Scott from ChassisPro Race Cars: the bar either end of this week, or first of next week. I should only have the car for 2 days max. 6pt or just a 4pt?

Paint job is being worked on

Thousands of Dollars & man hours have already been donated.

We will be pulling the motor & trans soon & going thru that as well.

So yes guys & gals lets step it up a little bit! Those of you that have donated it is appreciated! Those of you who haven't it is not mandatory but it is going to a charity & a very worthy 1 at that!

Second Ticket Stub

I can't wait....Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!
Can I drive it now? Huh? Can I? Can I?......Huh? Can I?
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

What a great idea!

Had been saving your email for reading and finally got around to checking out what all the hub bub was about. After reading every single post all I can say is wow, great response from the members.

Toys for Tots is a great charity that I used to do Christmas motorcycle rides for all the time when I had a bike.
For those of you not familiar with the program, check out the wikipedia page:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toys_for_Tots

Yours is a great idea for drumming up donations. Hopefully we as a group will be able to surpass the amount of money going into the car with our donations. I missed the first week but will make the rest.

For all that have asked and for those that are going to ask, yes you can make a lump sum payment and then post week after week for your entry. It has been stated many times that donating is optional and won't have any effect on the winner. Your post is your entry, not your PayPal donation.

In reply to the comments about the new/old members with few or no prior posts, go out and drum up some more new members using this event as the reason. The more the merrier. :biggrin:

I would love to win this car, have always loved the style but have never picked one up.

Count me in!

Doug Traylor
DFW Texas

'99 Pontiac GTP (mostly stock)
best 8.88 1/8th on a cool November day in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.