The Buick vs Ford Shootout is 10/17/09

Yea know I would love to go but one thing has struck me odd in the rules"ALL DRIVERS MUST WEAR PANTS" what is the deal with that is it become a issue at the tracks?

If it is Buick power it doesn't matter the body. Not sure about the Olds power?

One more question I know that ls1 trans ams can run what about ls1 camaro's? Technically lsx motors are GM corporate motors not chevy.

One more question I know that ls1 trans ams can run what about ls1 camaro's? Technically lsx motors are GM corporate motors not chevy.

From what I understand they can't. Even though they are exactly the same as the LS1 TA besides the sheet metal, they can't run because they are Chevrolets. If they let them in, we would soon have a Ford vs. Chevy shootout and the Fords would run and hide because of the disgusting ass whipping they would get.

If they could, we would be in better shape because they are more abundant than TAs and there are some really quick ones around our part of the world. I am guessing the answer will be no.

I'll be there with the car, beer, and all the wine coolers you can drink Dan! What flavor did you like, watermelon punch? J/k
Disco is putting in the cage right now, so I'm going WFO as Phil likes to put it.
Got reservations at Ruby's, getting pumped about the race again this year.
We might have to pour a little whisky in Will's tank to get the car faster than a 20 something 1/4!
Its a blast seeing everybody in one place, I always have a good time.
See you guys soon.

LMAO! I will have some Crown Royal with me, but hopefully the nitrous will at least get me into the 19s or 18s :D

Guys, Im planning on making it to this event and am really looking foward to it. My trans is supposed to be home tomorrow with brake and all. Is there anything I need to be aware of? Is this Rubys the place to stay?

Ruby's is not bad, it's only for one night. Huge parking lot, plenty of trailer parking. Cafe on site, decent food. Better than driving into Norman. Easy in easy out only about 10 miles from the track.

who's going list ?

Wasn't there a list started some where on who's going to Noble?
can't find it.
EJ

We just had one of the guys quit this week so I'm in limbo right now. We'll just have to see what happens for now. I have the time off but if something else happens I'll have to cover a shift possibly.

What's the weather report say for this weekend? Do I need a big fat coat this year? :confused:

Dannyo

Hey Danny, I am glad that you are going to try and make it out. The current forecast from Intellicast.com for Noble, OK is as follows:

Friday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

It looks like we may need some light sun screen and bee repellent. ;)

Everything is looking good for this weekend. Get those black bricks shined up and ready to kick some ass :D

Is anyone staying at the Embassy in Norman? Was thinking about bringthe car down but as many know its alittle slow. But im working on that!!!