The Captain's work....

zeus87gn

Automotive Neurosurgeon
Look what garyk1970 (aka Captain Electrical) built for me!
It's not anything major, no 1000W amp system or anything, but it sounds fabulous!
(2) sealed Memphis 8's (studio series) and an older RF Punch 160.
Much more professional than I could have ever done.
More pics to come....

Attachments

• done 1.JPG
    done 1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 351
  • done 2.JPG
    done 2.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 360
Under construction....

This is some quality work here!

Attachments

• build 1.JPG
    build 1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 362
  • build 2.JPG
    build 2.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 353
Antenna

Repaired the power antena while I was at it.
D@mn sam what a chore!!

Attachments

• antenna removed.JPG
    antenna removed.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 349
This is some quality work here!

3/4 Birch,liquid nails sealed,screwed together for super strength.

amp rack built in....the hole is for a thick walled PVC pipe to run wires hidden through box.

we are definitely considered pros at replacing/repairing GN power antennas now:biggrin:

You got that right!
I can't believe I didn't tear up my arm reaching for that thing.
The aux switch for the antenna was the best idea yet.

Meet Captain Electrical

For those of you that don't know who the Captain is:
He is a man who takes pride in his work...
A man that has luck like noone else....
He can find electrical problems that keep others scratching thier heads....
A man that can design a speaker box with 4 scribbles on a paper,
and calculate volume in a moment's time....
He can custom install a car stereo in no time flat,
and make it sound better than you expected.
And he has the trophys to prove it!

Thanks again Gary!

Attachments

• The Captain.JPG
    The Captain.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 330
Awwww!!! 8's are CUTE!:D
Not as cute as my wife! These brought a smile to her face. :p

I thought about 10's, but every set I've heard has been too much for me. Call it a personal preference. A good set of 8's that can bring out that bass drum is what I like. I don't want to flood the car with bass. I like a good balance of everything. I'm after quality, not quantity.

I was messing with the adjustments last night on the ride home and realized that I didn't have the loudness turned on. WOW, what a difference that made! I just thought it sounded good before! :eek:

Looks like quite a bit of airspace for some little 8's. Is that a sealed enclosure? If so, are you running rear speakers? Did the enclosure fit under the rear speakers or did you have to make a cutout for them on each side of the enclosure? Looks good CarrNutz:D

Looks like quite a bit of airspace for some little 8's. Is that a sealed enclosure? If so, are you running rear speakers? Did the enclosure fit under the rear speakers or did you have to make a cutout for them on each side of the enclosure? Looks good CarrNutz:D

they have an acceptable range sealed .33 to .75 (old school st series)these are .75.....but with amp rack and woofer displacement its close;) .yes, box fits under rear speakers and with the trunk kit made box pretty small....

they have an acceptable range sealed .33 to .75 (old school st series)these are .75.....but with amp rack and woofer displacement its close;) .yes, box fits under rear speakers and with the trunk kit made box pretty small....

Yea, what he said! :p

The rear deck speakers aren't but Pioneer 4 x 10's 2 ways. I realigned the fcty brackets to make the magnets fit. No big deal. There was lots of room left for that box. The carpet kit had a seat cover panel that took up some room as well.

You should see Gary's box behind his seat for his 10's.
It's bigger than what I have.
Don't know if it's sealed or not.