THE MOST COMPLETE 4.0L stroker for sale with accessories!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
Entertaining OFFER's on a 4.0L Buick stroker with geroter oil pump front timing cover, dual fuel injection (12 injectors) and with a late model FAST START ignition system.

This engine is from my 78 Malibu listed in my signature. Click to see lots more details.

It made 566HP on Richard Clark's Mustang Dyno a couple of years ago and 600 rear wheel HP on a Dynojet Dyno. This was with 26-27psi of boost and 116 octane.

Here is the run-down of the engine and what will be included.

Block: Stock cast 3.8L bored .020 and align bored. Bore is notched at the top for GN1R heads.

Main Bearing Caps: Two steel main bearing caps located on #2 and #3 journals
Girdle: RJC Racing Girdle

Pistons: Diamond Forged .020 over

Rings: Total Seal Gapless

Crank: CAT Forged internally balanced 3.625" stroker crank

Rods: K1 Forged Steel

Harmonic Balancer: Stock neutral balanced to work with an internally balanced crank. Modified to drive a gerotor oil pump.

Flywheel: Stock neutral balanced to work with an internally balanced crank.

Heads: GN1-R's with 2.02 & 1.60 valves. Full race ported with receiver grooves.

Head Gaskets: Fel-Pro 1007 Wire-Loc head gaskets. ARP Head Studs.

Cam: TA Performance "Next Generation" Billet Roller with a bronze thrust plate located on front of the block.

Duration at .050 lift:
Intake: 212
Exhaust: 212

Gross valve lift with 1.65 Rockers:
Intake: .569 lift (so close to .570 you might as well call it a .570 lift cam)
Exhaust: .569 lift

Lobe Separation 113

Lifters: Full Shielded Foot Crower Solid Roller Lifters.

Rocker Arms: T&D Roller, 1.65 ratio rockers.

Valve Covers:"Buick Power 6" valve covers for rocker arm clearance.

Timing Chain: Cloyes TRUE Roller

Timing Cover: Modified into a Gerotor Front Wheel Drive oil pump system.

Intake: Champion GN1 intake. Full race ported. Modified to accept 12 injectors for sequential dual fuel injection. Run both 87 octane and 116.

Throttle body: AccuFab 70 mm.

Turbo: PTE-70GTQ Double Ball Bearing, three bolt with .85 Precision turbine housing. It has a four inch inlet and three inch outlet to intercooler. The inlet housing A/R is .75 and the exhaust housing is a .85 A/R.

Exhaust: ATR stainless headers, 3.5" stainless downpipe with external ATR wastegate. (The downpipe fits ATR style headers with A/C without clearance problems but will need tubular upper control arms to fit "better" without hitting)

Engine has approx. 15,000 miles on it.

Also included is the COMPLETE bracket assemblies with accessories, power steering pump and hoses, engine mounts, A/C lines, 3.5" stainless downpipe with external wastegate, ATR headers, 200 amp alternator, mini starter and some other parts that I can't think of at the moment.

Will also come with COMPLETE wiring harness out of car including dash harness and dash. Accellerator cable, powermaster,

NOT FOR SALE is the XFI, Wide band sensors, intercooler, radiator & fans or the second fuel system fuel cell and lines coming from the tank to the engine. Also the transmission is not for sale or the differential.

To put it all in perspective, I'm wanting to remove everything pertaining to the Buick V6 engine so I can put a 305 V8 back in the car with a carburetor.:D This is your chance to get an almost turn key stroker engine with a one-of-kind dual fuel system.

OFFER's ACCEPTED for complete package AS-IS.

NO TRADES

Might part out because I really don't want to sell a running engine for someone else to blow up and then blame me. Engine is still in car and is still able to drive before removal.

stroker.jpg

stroker1.jpg

stroke3.jpg

stroker_intake1.jpg

stroke2.jpg

block_stroker2.jpg

Here's how BIG the heads are compared to stock heads...

headpluggapper.jpg

Notice the crank trigger wheels for the FAST START ignition...

DSCF4508%20(Medium).JPG

Uses a modified timing cover to replace stock oil pump into a gerotor oil pump.

DSCF4499%20(Medium).JPG

Make offers. I will not be insulted if your offer is low...I promise. All I can say is no.:)

If you part it, I'd be interested in the front cover. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the crank have to be machined?

i would be interested in the short block and heads. I recently melted my block, one head and a piston. Who built the motor?

Bryan

If you part it, I'd be interested in the front cover. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the crank have to be machined?

Crank does not have to be machined. The balancer has to be machined. I made the front cover so IF it had to be removed and replaced for ANY reason, a stock cover and balancer would just bolt back on without going into the engine.

Alsways wanted....

to try the dual inj.'s, glad to see you did it! Good Job!:cool:

i would be interested in the short block and heads. I recently melted my block, one head and a piston. Who built the motor?

Bryan

I built the engine myself September of 2007. I never have anyone else build my engines. If it breaks....I can't blame anyone but me. This is why I'm reluctant to sell this engine to anyone as a running engine.

Just a note...

This engine has always been run with an automatic switching dual injector fuel system. It burns 87 octane while cruising and when you boost past 10 to 12 psi the system automatically swiches over to 116 octane via the second set of injectors. I have only burnt about 10 gallons of 116 race fuel through this engine. This should show that I've not run the engine hard for a very long time.

Anyway, until further notice...engine is off the market at this time.