The new look!!!

Dusty Bradford

The weather has been to cool for racing here the last 2 weeks so I had time to get the bumper fillers painted and installed. I also had the windows tinted and spent some time on the paint with a clay bar to get all the over spray off from painting the roll bar. It's still not as nice as I like them but much better than before. I'm thinking of some kind of pin stripe down the side to cover up where the molding was. The paint came off with the side molding when I removed it. I was thinking of a gray stripe close to the body color. What do you guys think would be a good color to use?

Attachments

• buick3.jpg
    buick3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 911
For those that don't know, here's the 69 Camaro that my Dad and I restored last year. It was my Mom's graduation present in '69 and is still in the family. It'll be passed on to my son Drew who is now 3 1/2. We got it out today for some crusing. I took him to a local subdivision and let him steer. He loves driving it already. All I heard all day was how he wanted to drive HIS camaro.

This was my first car when I turned 16. We restored it '89 but the vinyl top got the best of the roof so we re-restored it. I wanted to put some 18's on it for that pro-touring look but the Buick sucked up that money. Now when I go to car show's everybody has big wheels so the resto look is different.

Attachments

• camaro1.JPG
    camaro1.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 898
1 more.

Not much under the hood besides the usual 300hp 350ci with a/c. It has headers, edelbrock intake, 650 double pumper and solid comp cam. It did run 8.20's 1/8 mile on drag radials but it bogs very bad with the 4 speed Muncie.

Attachments

• camaro2.JPG
    camaro2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 886
Nice pics Dusty!!! I think that is the nicest pic you have taken of your car and the darker tint really does make it look meaner :cool: I would think if you're going to add a pin stripe to the side you would want a color close to the gray or a black stripe probably wouldn't look half bad either (kinda like the black moldings that come on the cars)...

That is a really nice '69 Camaro looks like it could've just came home from the dealership... My dad's first car was a red w/ black stripes '68 RS/SS 327 Camaro and everytime he sees one I hear him say how he should've never sold the car.. I will have to show him the pics so that he regrets it even more :biggrin: ;)

BTW, That is good to hear you are starting your son early with the muscle cars that way he doesn't even think about the ricers! :)

Thats funny I thought the same thing either gray very close but lighter or black. Would be cool to do a translucent color (ghost). Might think about doing a thick and thin line look also. Car has a great stance and wheel/tire to body fitment.

Dusty,

I know you have mentioned it before, but could you share what tire/wheel combo the car has in the picture (with BS).

I know you notched to the back wall, I plan to do the same. Did u widen the well also?

Any pics you can share?

Thanks!

WHITE T said:
Dusty,

I know you have mentioned it before, but could you share what tire/wheel combo the car has in the picture (with BS).

I know you notched to the back wall, I plan to do the same. Did u widen the well also?

Any pics you can share?

Thanks!

Bogart welded R/T wheels. 15x3.5 front.....15x11 rear with 6 inch bs
M/T tires 26x4.5 front........28x10.5 rear

I did widen the wheel wells by mini tubbing them. I split the factory well, moved it over about 1.5-2 inches and added a strip of sheetmetal in the gap. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of it. If not I'll take some and e-mail them to you.

One thing you have to be careful of when mini tubbing the car. If you move the well in too much you can not get the back seat in.

A few more pics now that I have them.

Attachments

• buick4.jpg
    buick4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 859
Dusty,

Thanks for the resonse, the car looks great!

I am planning on a frame off to make sure I support everything properly. I just want to make sure I can get the wheel in the well and somewhat "tucked". I am not a fan of the raked look. :)

Car looks great, I wish ya the best. If you come across any of the notching pics please send them along!

Thanks!

WHITE T said:
Dusty,

Thanks for the resonse, the car looks great!

I am planning on a frame off to make sure I support everything properly. I just want to make sure I can get the wheel in the well and somewhat "tucked". I am not a fan of the raked look. :)

Car looks great, I wish ya the best. If you come across any of the notching pics please send them along!

Thanks!

I looked but can't find any pics. I'll take some soon and e-mail them to you. Probably tomorrow.

Dusty,

As always, I love the car.
I will look for some mini tub pics!

Dusty Bradford said:
From the front

Surely it can't be an 8 second car :cool:

Aside from the wheels your car is a total sleeper! You would never know what it's packing. You could make alot of $$$ street racing that thing! :biggrin:

Dusty Bradford said:
For those that don't know, here's the 69 Camaro that my Dad and I restored last year. It was my Mom's graduation present in '69 and is still in the family. It'll be passed on to my son Drew who is now 3 1/2. We got it out today for some crusing. I took him to a local subdivision and let him steer. He loves driving it already. All I heard all day was how he wanted to drive HIS camaro.

This was my first car when I turned 16. We restored it '89 but the vinyl top got the best of the roof so we re-restored it. I wanted to put some 18's on it for that pro-touring look but the Buick sucked up that money. Now when I go to car show's everybody has big wheels so the resto look is different.

Nice '69, made me think of mine that I sold 3yrs. ago.
496 stoker, 10.90 @ 124

Attachments

• Mini - Shaker 2.jpg
    Mini - Shaker 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 813
Dusty everyone hear likes the car. I wish I never had backhalf mine.
Sweet look'n

Are you going to be in Atlanta for the first race?

I don't know If I will be ready or not. You should come up to the ROCK the weekend after we always have a good to.

richie

JC Turbo said:
Aside from the wheels your car is a total sleeper! You would never know what it's packing. You could make alot of $$$ street racing that thing! :biggrin:

I had the car in town the other day and had one guy who saw it want me to run his buddies 2004 Corvette for some money. I set the price but he wanted to see under the hood first or no deal. I knew he wouldn't really run so I popped the hood and he screamed and ran off :biggrin: I need another wastegate spring for the street. I have tried it out but 22# is a little much :D

Not Avg 6. That's a nice Camaro. I have been tempted by a few offers but since it was my Mom's I can't make myself sell it.

Richie. I do plan to be in ATL. The Rock would be a nice trip but don't know if I can swing it being that close to ATL. Maybe you'll be ready by the ATL race, I'd like to see the car.

Dusty Bradford said:
I had the car in town the other day and had one guy who saw it want me to run his buddies 2004 Corvette for some money. I set the price but he wanted to see under the hood first or no deal. I knew he wouldn't really run so I popped the hood and he screamed and ran off :biggrin: I need another wastegate spring for the street. I have tried it out but 22# is a little much :D

Not Avg 6. That's a nice Camaro. I have been tempted by a few offers but since it was my Mom's I can't make myself sell it.

Richie. I do plan to be in ATL. The Rock would be a nice trip but don't know if I can swing it being that close to ATL. Maybe you'll be ready by the ATL race, I'd like to see the car.
the car looks Dusty. I would go with a darker grey strip or the same color as the front end, to realy make a look out of her, rather than just to add a fill in you know. Car looks good and coming along nicely :D

Dusty Bradford said:

Dusty, what dates are the Atlanta race? I would love to see your car.

Dusty,
Are you going to be busy during the second week of April. I will be coming home to Gadsden from Germany on leave and I would like to meet you. Awesome car. Would love to see it and talk Buicks! Let me know!

vader87 said:
Dusty,
Are you going to be busy during the second week of April. I will be coming home to Gadsden from Germany on leave and I would like to meet you. Awesome car. Would love to see it and talk Buicks! Let me know!

Not that I know of. April 6-9 is the big outlaw race at Huntsville if you are in town. I'll be there all weekend running the EZ Street class. When it gets close PM me and I'll give you my contact #'s.

Plowboy72.......Here's the info from outlawracing.com The rest of the schedule is posted on the site.

APRIL 21st --- 23rd ATLANTA DRAGWAY ORSCA / YEAR ONE EXPERIENCE SEASON OPENER POINTS RACE START OF THE SEASON NHRA TRACK
Confirmed