The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

upper dash panel is a good guess actually have looked at that in glass problem is the size of the slits or vents makes it impossible had to be in plastic and plastic is big bucks....to get mold etc made less you go to made in china route...

however, guess is still wrong....

I may get off cheap this time...

under 2 hours til show time....and answer long as Mr AMC can post info then...have yet to hear from him.

we having fun yet?

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

sorry wrong answer window sweeps actually their is a repro available already and we sel lthem and they are far superior than factory GM and cheaper.....even richard clark approves of them...we stock them....

time is ticking quickly down...

kirban

mr amc guy is on board to post the photos of the answer....you guys can kick yourselves for missing something so evident.....at least to my way of thinking...

Kirban 2 cents worth

I will have more details tonite on this slick L.E.D. Dash Lite Kit. Both photos Mr AMC has posted is the dash in my personal 1987 Turbo-T. The difference is more dramatic in person than shown here.

It is not a simple L.E.D. lite install. My source had to extend each L.E.D. setup a full 2 inches and then used 4 L.E.D.s on each of the 7 sticks.

The factory system has a total of just 7 lites using #194 bulbs. The kit is very easy to install. I was able to do it without unhooking anything. Left speedo cable intact and VSS intact. More details tonite.

I think you will agree, this set up addresses what Buick used as a very primitive illumination format. Remember our cars marked the end of an era for Buick so drastic upgrades improvements were not implemented since the rear wheel drive platform was coming to an end.

Today no car company would use the same size brake pads on a regular engine that would also be on a high performance factory engine. Just another example of an upgrade that Buick never addressed.

kirbanperformance.com

I did this post in advance so I do not know if we have any winners at this point in time.

Attachments

• GN Dash Old Lighting Resized.jpg
    GN Dash Old Lighting Resized.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 116
  • GN Dash LED Lights Kirban New Product Resized.jpg
    GN Dash LED Lights Kirban New Product Resized.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 109
COOOOOOOL:cool:

Can't believe I didn't think of that. My buddy just upgraded LED in his dash in his monte ss because it was so dim.

kirban 2 cents worth

I am a bit surprised no one hit on the product we just had developed. One of the main clues was it really doe snot affect stock original cars.....and it corrects what I know everyone realizes is a real short coming in illimunation.

Even with my limited skills I did the install start to finish in under 2 hours keeping in mind I had to take notes and photos for the directions while I did that. Dash shown is my personal turbo-t car.

The idea, came to me when we were working on the touch and start system. Since both involved the dash area.

So, because we had no winners. The next trivia will show 2 parts from a Turbo Buick.

The first correct post with both answers will get their choice of either the touch & start system or the new L.E.D. dash lite set up a $100 value.

I will be emailing Mr AMC Guy later tonite the trivia info to post with the 2 photos he has.

We have the LED dash lites on sale until July 31st. The sale price is $89.95. Retail after that will be $99.95. Most of the vendors I expect will be offering it as well as they have the info also.

I wish we could get the price better, but I did not want to take any short cuts....otherwise it would be duplicating what GM did! Example, if we did 2 L.E.D.s on each stick 14 total the lite spread would not look as good.

The other obstacle was the depth in the actual dash cluster in relationship to the
panels you are trying to throw lite on. If you ever had a dash cluster out you know what I am talking about. Each L.E.D. stick had to be 2 inches long to put the lite where it would do the most good. I also wanted to make sure you could install each of the 7 L.E.D. sticks without disconnecting your speedo cable or the VSS gizmo.

There is enough space to do it without disconnecting anything from the back of your dash housing. The trick is to push your speedo cable towards your dash. Each kit comes with detailed directions with photos.

The end result.....is well worth it. It even gives the dash a nice glow compared to factory. For us old guys me, and Paul....and others we need it.

Again I am really surprised no one hit on it.

Watch for new trivia later tonite as I will be emailing Mr AMC shortly.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We do have a few currently in stock ready to ship on Monday as we are finishing the directions this week.

Touch and starts are in stock. One great feature with this system is, its simple enough owners can install it so if something was to fail you would know how to unconnect it. Unlike complicated alarm systems with 5 miles of wire!

Special Thanks to Mr AMC GUY for his constant help!

Kirban 2 cents worth

Trivia Question #52

Prize value your choice a Touch and Start system $80 value or our new L.E.D. dash lite kit a $90 value.

First correct post that has BOTH answers in the same post. Keep in mind you hit one and I acknowledge it you need to be quick to get the second rite answer to go with it before someone else does.

Everyone is eligible except Turbo Buick employees.

Here goes:

See the photos with this post.

Both are from a Turbo Regal 1984-1987 vintage. The set of screws every Turbo Regal had 6 of them. Where were they used?

On the lite socket it was used on most 1984-1987 Turbo Regals. Where was it used. It may have been used on all of them as I am not 100% sure.

The clock is ticking...

We made this contest easier!

Attachments

• 3 Screws.jpg
    3 Screws.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Light Socket.jpg
    Light Socket.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 94
Screws are from the Windsheild Trim (Bottom Piece)
Light socket is the Shifter Light to see what gear you are in at night...

:biggrin:

kirban 2 cents worth

Not saying your wrong however, since I removed them myself from the current clunker I am working on...both answers are not a match.

the game continues.

Giving everyone a heads up:

Won't be near a computer thursday after 3 until friday late friday nite. So won;t be able to check on any updates until then.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

mr brown limited...car I am stripping came from your area....or more exactly out of the gulf from Katrina has Lousiana stickers on it. Almost smell the gulf still......dirt and silt....almost everything fabric/cloth related is turned to dust or gone....

kirbanperformance.com

Another Guess....

Screws are from The intercooler shroud

Socket is from the corner markers

Those sockets are used in several locations....

Screws are from the rear panel that you have to remove in order to access the taillights.

The light is the under hood courtesy light.

Another Guess....

Screws are from The intercooler shroud

Socket is from the corner markers

Those sockets are used in several locations....

kirban 2 cents worth

again both wrong....sockets I am sure show up many places however and I could be wrong notice this one is black...may give another clue tomorrow on the socket.....intercooler screws are longer and thinner....

good tries..

kirban

Screws are from the rear panel that you have to remove in order to access the taillights.

The light is the under hood courtesy light.

kirban 2 cents worth

no in both cases...those screws have phillips heads if you are refering to the ones you see when you open trunk lid and sit across top of the lite housings.

hood lite is wrong also....

if my contests where easy they would not last very long....

gain good tries...

kirban