The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
1.835" intake and 1.5" exhaust valves. How is this possible? :confused:
Looking for answers.

Boost climbing to 28 psi by the top of first gear. Dipping to 27 psi boost for the shift into 2nd. Then slowly ramping to 31 psi boost by the end of the 1/4 mile run.
Doesn't seem like overly wild boost numbers to me. A very conservative boost rise curve. I don't think it's the boost. :confused:

Nitrous used to spool the turbo, but turned off before the car leaves the line. I don't think it's the nitrous. :confused:

Gears are 3.73:1. Could probably stand to go with a taller gear. That will happen in the future.
Tires are 29.5x10.5-15Ws. Could go with shorter tires. That has been suggested.
I don't think it's the gearset or the tires. :confused:

TH475 transmission. Manual VB with transbrake. Stock gear ratios. Nothing special there.
Driveshaft is a large diameter steel driveshaft. Nothing done in the way to save weight there.
Don't think it's the transmission or the driveshaft. :confused:

Torque converter? I can guarantee the torque converter is slipping too much on the top end.
Don't think it's the torque converter. :confused:

3300 lb. car with upgraded stock suspension.
Lots of work done on the suspension, but it's still just a stock configuration suspension that was set up by myself. I'm no expert chassis guy.
I don't think it's the chassis or suspension. :confused:

Stroke of the engine is 3.06". A destroked Buick V6. Bore is under 4.00". CID is 224. Redline is 7800 rpm. Shift point is 7400 rpm.
No big cubes, and destroked to boot. Don't think it's the bore and stroke. :confused:

On the flow bench, the heads flowed 210 cfm. The intake valve size is 1.835". The exhaust valve size is 1.50".
Don't think it's the heads at all. :confused:

The camshaft has too much duration and too much overlap.
Can't possibly be the camshaft specifications. :confused:

Boost climbing to 28 psi by the top of first gear. Dipping to 27 psi boost for the shift into 2nd. Then slowly ramping to 31 psi boost by the end of the 1/4 mile run.
Doesn't seem like overly wild boost numbers to me. A very conservative boost rise curve. I don't think it's the boost. :confused:

Very easy equation to me Donnie. Very Small container+large volume of air=high pressure. TURN UP THE BOOST!!!!!!!!!

The exhaust pipes are rediculously large in diameter and long in length. Way too much volume.
Can't possibly be the exhaust pipes. :confused:

On the flow bench, the heads flowed 210 cfm. The intake valve size is 1.835". The exhaust valve size is 1.50".
Don't think it's the heads at all. :confused:

The heads have come a long way in the last few years I would consider an upgrade soon. Off the shelf ported alum heads are easily in the 260+ range these days.

The intake runners are the same length as a stock GN intake manifold. Way too much plenum volume. Rediculously, overly large throttle body.
No way it's the intake or throttle body. :confused:

Using a dry liquid intercooler while running alcohol fuel. Totally unneccessary.
Can't be the dead weight intercooler. :confused:

The turbo is rediculously large. Way more turbo than the configuration needs. 91mm? Crazy.
Can't be the turbo. :confused:

Dang. Running out of things. Hmmm.
Can't possibly be all the sim work I did to come up with this whacky engine configuration. Sims? Bah hum bug! No way. :confused:

All the experts on TB.com say every aspect of my combination is wrong.
Yet, the timeslip says something is right. What is it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.