The TTA's Replacement

TClassic

Wanted a STOCK 12 Second car, and THIS is all thats out there now for ~30k!!

hpim1264mb0.jpg
:D

hpim1267su2.jpg

hpim1277em4.jpg

Yea, so did I, Turns out the Mythical 700 mile Hardtop turned into a 7000mi GTA!
Oh well, now I don't have to get my hands dirty! :smile:

Grumpy said:
they are Buick killers up here :eek: :cool:

Uh Oh Dan, never saw any Buicks get Beat up, HOWEVER I saw Quite a Few GTSlows(LS2ones) & 2005up Mustangs get Spanked by Bone Stock IX's at the track....

There have been some GTO's run 12.9 stock. And they are ~$30K. Much better car for the money, IMHO :D

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
Well put. If you can get past the grand am look of the new GTO, it's quite a car.

:p I don't really care for them eithier :biggrin:

I didnt care for the look either, but after driving a GTO with a blower.. they can certainly bring a smile to your face.

Very BMW feely.. like a nice German kinda car feel. Quiet, rigid, heavy.

Sometimes an ugly girl can make you happy :D

Yeah, GTO's do look bland on the outside, but I noticed at the last two auto shows, there is not another car with seats as comfortable as the Goat. And there's leg room in the back seats. So to me, the interior and power out way to the exterior to make me want one over a mustang or even a EVO.

the wrx sti is faster than that car for about the same money. those mitsu's are known for havin ignition/knock trouble even in bone stock form.

alvin87gn said:
the wrx sti is faster than that car for about the same money. those mitsu's are known for havin ignition/knock trouble even in bone stock form.

Wrong.

STI's fall apart much faster than the Evo. Show me any STI making 400 true HP and have any lenght of life. The 4g63 is a badass motor and anyone thinking they knock easily is wrong.

I was up to the local track a few weeks ago and talking with some STI guys they we're all hating the fact that there cars are so much slower for the money. 5 spd is really not good for drag racing either.

While I don't know anyone who has run a 12 with a bone stock evo, they will get into the deep 13's at 105 or so depending on how good you drive. There are a few limiting factors that keep it out of the 12's, mainly the clutch.

Slap a boost controller in there, good clutch and a decent exhaust and you will run mid 12's on 93 gas.

Guys, what a LOT of folkes don't Realize is that all '06's recieved a Huge Power and Torque boost, on Paper it's only a 10 Horse and 15 Torque increase, but now pretty much ALL the '06's are running VERY low 13's and MANY MANY have run High 12's, and more Importantly the Trap speeds are as high as 107, compared to the Much Weaker '03-'05's......as well as the ENTIRE Vehicle was gone over and lightened and Improved in Many Areas for '06....plus being a ONE YEAR ONly vehicle it's Future status as a Collector Vehicle is pretty much Guaranteed....

alvin87gn said:

Wrong and wrong.

I've had two 4G63 engined cars and I've yet to hear about that issue.

As far as Mitsubishi being a shiester company, I can't argue there. The known 7 bolt 4G63 crankwalk issues not being addressed by the company in the 95-99 Talon and Eclipse is unforgivable.

I actually meant to say 6 speed is bad for racing at a 1/4 mile track.

The evo 9 really does not have much different power output than the 03-05 models. the mivec really helps down low and makes a ,ore broad torque curve than the earlier years. However, it is not tq that gets you down the track it is the HP and it is about the same.

The aluminum roof was available in the 05 model RS and there is the weight savings.

Off hand I have about 5 friends with Evos from 03's to 05's and a very close friend of mine has a very rare evo 7. All of which are modified, some a little and some more than others.

I have yet to see or hear of anyone getting a 12 sec slip out of a bone stock 9 and no one even getting to 105, nevermind higher than that. The car is still plagued with a wimpy clutch. They are using the same pressure plate from the 90-99 DSM which is only 200hp or so.

I hope you are incorrect here dennis. I had a 90 DSM and the horrible clutch did not last at all. It was fwd turbo not even awd. Mine went bad at 9000 miles.. I would HOPE Mitsu upgraded it since 90..

Dennis F said:
I actually meant to say 6 speed is bad for racing at a 1/4 mile track.

The evo 9 really does not have much different power output than the 03-05 models. the mivec really helps down low and makes a ,ore broad torque curve than the earlier years. However, it is not tq that gets you down the track it is the HP and it is about the same.

The aluminum roof was available in the 05 model RS and there is the weight savings.

Off hand I have about 5 friends with Evos from 03's to 05's and a very close friend of mine has a very rare evo 7. All of which are modified, some a little and some more than others.

I have yet to see or hear of anyone getting a 12 sec slip out of a bone stock 9 and no one even getting to 105, nevermind higher than that. The car is still plagued with a wimpy clutch. They are using the same pressure plate from the 90-99 DSM which is only 200hp or so.

Every single person I know with an Evo has had to replace the clutch before 10k miles or much sooner depending on thier driving/racing habits.

I think they are ok for your everyday use, but at 300 awhp they let go very quickly.

300 hp can be had very easily to boot. The evo ecu like to start at 19 psi and falls to 16 by redline. Simply put in a good boost controller, s-afc and a 3" exhuast and you will be over that hurdle in a jiffy.

I also had a 90 fwd dsm a year or so ago. Ported stock turbo, 2.5" exhaust and a good boost controller and it was a hell of a car to handle on the highway. I could switch lanes without even turning the wheel :biggrin: I now have a 95 talon awd model with a fresh stage 2 motor going in this winter and a whole lot of fuel and a whole lot of boost ;)