they made a v8 87 t-type?

Yes t type could be ordered with I believe how old's 307 V8 had to be a turd though but it was done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Someone went to great lengths to clone a GN. Wonder if it was even black originally.

Google it there's reports of t types being produced with v8s he seems to be being pretty honest advertising as a t type and saying he installed the hood and other pieces from a GN but who knows take a lotta number searching to find the true 8500 wouldn't be me

You could get a 87 Regal V8 307 with the T package there are a few around. Looks exactly like a Turbo T but with a flat hood.

And the T-Type moniker ended in '86. In '87 it was just a T.

Looking at the ad, this car is prime for a Turbo LS swap? I think it would suck to drive that car around with 180hp. (n)

Even if it's all legit does anybody see justifying paying 8500 for it or is that just me that wouldn't do it

$8500.00 is strong money I agree but GN's are rising in price and if you wanted something for a LS swap this car is perfect for that.

His ad states it is a Regal T V8 307 with the GN stuff added seems honest enough.
There is a lot of GN stuff added. I have seen a lot of shady stuff when it comes to these cars.
It does have a non gn center console, regal door panels, regal overflow jug. Cant really tell if the passenger wheel well is a NA of turbo. It is probably legit, I just question legitimacy with these cara.

They made N/A V6 T's as well in 1987. :)

It's all there in the archived posts using the search feature here. ;)

"
You could get the T package with any Regal engine.

"T" Package - Includes "T" Ornamentation, gran touring suspension, fast ratio power steering, gas shock absorbers, 15" aluminum wheels, steel belted radial-ply Eagle GT blackwall tires, (P215/65R/15), leather-wrapped sport steering wheel.

From the sales literature. "

Yes t type could be ordered with I believe how old's 307 V8 had to be a turd though but it was done

Having had one ('87 w/the 307 Y engine, not the T), they came with a roller cam and lots & lots of torque. Put the pedal down and they just kept pulling. It was so smooth at idle it was difficult to tell that the engine was running.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Cars like that make me want to paint my factory black T (turbo of course) a different color. Sometimes I feel like I'm driving around in a GN clone with red interior.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Easiest swap would be a stealthy Olds 403. Could be a fun car to screw around with. No worries about losing "value".

The secretary at a company I called on, in B'ham, had one.
She was also the record keeper, paperwork secretary for the Alabama gang, AKA: the Allisons. I guess since the Allisons raced Buicks, she had an inside track to get one.

Yes, I laid eyes on it..It was a non turbo v8.

What a POS motor that was.. put any power to it and kiss the block goodbye
I had a very simple build for my t/a that ran mid 13s in a heavy car. With a girdle they can be pretty stought. Mondello had no problem with them. Plenty of people would say the 109 is a pos too.

I had a very simple build for my t/a that ran mid 13s in a heavy car. With a girdle they can be pretty stought. Mondello had no problem with them.

Mondello was the first one to warn you the scalloped mains were a disaster.. the poncho 400 would run circles around it.. mondello would just point you to the olds 455:)

I have scattered many olds engines in my day. Will not touch another. We had one of the nastiest 350s around in the Cutlass, and the stock 109 buick v6 with bolt ons ran circles aroind it, is more driveable, and was way cheaper.