Thieves!!!!!

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
MONTE SS.....busted window and no more pioneer 7300 they cracked my dash this time too. the tint held most of the glass together thou. Second time!!!!!!!! I'm done with our justice system, its failed me three times now.:mad:

Sorry to hear about your loss. The legal system is not pefect but it works and believe it or not if your thinking of taking things to the next level you may findout how well it works, against you. I've been in your shoes before, IMO there is nothing more worse than a low life who doesn't want to work for things he/she wants or needs. Although your thinking otherwise right now you cannot expect the police to drop everything over a stolen stereo and a broken window, now if the thief were caught in the act... thats a different story;) At this stage of the game whats done is done, welcome to reality and hope your stuff turns up:( Next time take the precautions to keep what belongs to you in your possession.

if you knew pittsburgh you would know how pathetic the police here are. they are so reactive instead of proactive. they never mess with the real criminal cause they are a bunch of chickens. They like to bust people for small traffic violations and parking tickets instead of going after the low lifes of the city. But of course i'm at fault, i tempted them with having nice stuff in my car. I'm well aware of reality, i've had one car taken and never got it back, and this is the second time my MC SS was broken into. i'm all to formiliar with the routine. Maybe now you can see why i'm fed up. I'm telling you, if i ever caught anyone, I'm not responsible for what i do to them. It will be temporary insane.

the break in happend in Northside, i work at PNC park. i live in squirrell hill/oakland/hazelwood area

ive never had some one break in to the car while ive been in it but i have had attempted car jackings several times with in the last 3 or 4 years, each time i never thaught twise about pulling out that ol billy and haven a go with em. i found some dudes teeth in the little catch screen under the window and another i draged down the street when he tryed to come threw my window. i swear if i catch any one breaking in to one of my cars ill catch them and brand there asses with a hot buick emblem.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
if you knew pittsburgh you would know how pathetic the police here are. they are so reactive instead of proactive. they never mess with the real criminal cause they are a bunch of chickens. They like to bust people for small traffic violations and parking tickets instead of going after the low lifes of the city. But of course i'm at fault, i tempted them with having nice stuff in my car. I'm well aware of reality, i've had one car taken and never got it back, and this is the second time my MC SS was broken into

What would you have the police do to help you?

I feel for you!

I had a contract job in BOSTON South end district.
My prior daily driver had a middle of the road aftermarket stereo.
I think pioneer (worth maybe 20 bucks.
I went to the parking garage & noticed the clerk glancing into my car which I thought strange when I paid.

That night come out to find my door lock all hacked off & radio gone.. WEIRD feeling when it happens :(

Sorry about your car thats sucks big time. I live on the Northside of Pittsburgh and I totally agree with the whole Police situation, it sucks. Hey 88 CuttyClassic, I was out at Shawns this past Saturday looking at the 87 white T, man do I wish I had the extra $$$ laying around to buy it. Sorry again to here about your window/radio.

Mike

if you knew pittsburgh you would know how pathetic the police here are. they are so reactive instead of proactive. they never mess with the real criminal cause they are a bunch of chickens. They like to bust people for small traffic violations and parking tickets instead of going after the low lifes of the city.

You're absolutely right.......except it's not just Pittsburgh. IT'S EVERYWHERE!

Originally posted by MJDreger
Sorry about your car thats sucks big time. I live on the Northside of Pittsburgh and I totally agree with the whole Police situation, it sucks. Hey 88 CuttyClassic, I was out at Shawns this past Saturday looking at the 87 white T, man do I wish I had the extra $$$ laying around to buy it. Sorry again to here about your window/radio.

Mike
My dad might buy the white T. We haven't had a chance to look at it yet but i've heard good things from a few people including shawn. We need a TR in the stable anyway.

I'm still waiting for a response to my question. What would you have the police do to help you?

the cops need to be a little proactive and stop cowhering to these gangsters. The morning my car was stolen i went looking for it. you wouldn't belive how many cops i saw reading the news paper, parked way awat from anything dangerous. Thats what happends though when you are forced to put ladies on the force that have no business being there, you get a weaker force. i'm not saying that all women weaken it but when you have to fill spots with people that aren't your best, you are asking for trouble. Sure these might be petty thefts but that stuff adds up. Also police treat the FELONY CRIME, grand theft auto, like its some kinda joke. Its not taken seriously.

But park on a sidewalk and you'll get two cruisers and wagon sent to your house. :mad:

the cops need to be a little proactive and stop cowhering to these gangsters. The morning my car was stolen i went looking for it. you wouldn't belive how many cops i saw reading the news paper, parked way awat from anything dangerous. Thats what happends though when you are forced to put ladies on the force that have no business being there, you get a weaker force. i'm not saying that all women weaken it but when you have to fill spots with people that aren't your best, you are asking for trouble. Sure these might be petty thefts but that stuff adds up. Also police treat the FELONY CRIME, grand theft auto, like its some kinda joke. Its not taken seriously.

But park on a sidewalk and you'll get two cruisers and wagon sent to your house. :mad:

"Cowering to the gangsters" Cops do NOT cower to these so called gangsters. The court system kicks em RIGHT back out after they've been arrested AND resisted (read: fought) the cop that took him in. Kids do what they want cause they get away with it.

"Saw cops reading the paper" Cops work 8/10/12 hour shifts. They're not entitled to a break? How come it's acceptable for 9-5 Joe Bob at the bank to take a coffee break but if you see a cop taking one they're a slacker?

"Far away from anything dangerous" HELLO! I had a friend of mine shot in the back of the head in a Cadillac dealership. EVERY place is dangerous to a cop. If they ARE going to take a break or catch up on paperwork, do you really think they're going to park in the middle of $hit central to do it? Of course not. That's stupid and will get the cop killed. Just ask the parents of Phil Billings and Patrick Behan (got killed in a church's chicken parking lot while sitting in his car). :mad:

"That's what happens when you put ladies on the force..." I know a couple ladies that will tune you up faster than Mr. Goodwrench on crack. And cops have been taking breaks since before chicks were on the force.

"Fill spots with people that aren't the best..." You're right...there are substandard cops out there that are a danger to themselves and others. Why are they hired? Lower standards. Why lower standards? Cause people didn't wanna be a cop for $35k a year anymore.

Burglary is not a joke. Nor is a felony crime. You have to ask yourself though, what would the police do? Set up 24 hour surveillance on your car since you put in a $400 stereo? of course not. It's YOUR responsibility to protect YOURSELF. The cops just get involved if something goes awry. All they can do is dust for prints and hope to get a hit. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. To be PROactive, they cruise around, hide places that are known for high theft levels and talk to people that are potential victims. I work at a parking garage on fridays doing security. For a year they've been plagued with burglaries to vehicles. One of the detail cops was walking around and found a pair of guys standing around with a screwdriver. Talked to them, got permission to search their car and found laptops, wallets and purses. They'd been doing it all along. Cop got lucky finding them and clearing the problem. On the flip side, if you were walking in a parking garage with a screwdriver and were confronted by a cop, you'd scream harassment.

I spent 4 hours in a van with no A/C in the afternoon Florida sun the other day watching a vacant row of houses to make sure nobody stole the appliances again. That was reactive and proactive at the same time, but since the average Joe doesn't know about things like that, they only focus on their view of cops not doing anything. "Those houses got broken into and I haven't seen a single cop in here to prevent it again!"

Why do cops address parking complaints like that? Cause if we don't, Joe Citizen calls the chief and bitches and moans about some douche bag parking on the sidewalk. People think cops are personal security guards and code enforcement on top of actual law enforcement officers.

It sucks that your car got broken into again. Having had a TR and a Monte stripped, I hate thieves just like you and do what I can to catch the fockers. In the mean time, do what you can to protect yourself. I have FOUR separate alarms and a car cover on my TR and I always park it in high visibility areas. You've heard the cliche...an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.

I'm done.

I have to agree about this post. I was a Police Officer in Houston Texas for 10 years. I always treated every report as a crime scene.I collected all evidence available at the scene,fingerprints,tool marks,cataloged and photographed all evidence and most important I followed up on all cases to make an arrest.If you are in the same district for 6 years you get an idea as to who commits what kind of crimes,how they dispose of the items,what motivates them (drugs,etc.),well you get the idea.I know that there are some officers that are members of this community who may be able to relate.I now only take Criminal Justice Coures on line threw Sam Houston State University and I keep my Certification Active.I worked in Law Enforcement here in East Tn and it was a joke.Their answer to all but the most major of felonies is to give you a report number and say sorry it happened.My wife was hit by a Knox County School Bus who left the scene of the accident and then called me.I called the Sheriff's Office and they said we can't do anything about it but to give you a case #.They did not even want to come to the scene!I have had cars stolen from my lot and the same thing! In one case less than 24 hours latter I caught the guy! I investigated,I beat the bushes,through informants I had the guy so scared that he called me on my cell phone to turn himself in! Police Officers are not all alike, but it seems locally here that almost all have the attitude that I ain't gettin hurt for nobody.They even teach them in the academy to "keep your blinders on".In other words,only do what you have to. It seems a shame.Just my .02 worth!

Originally posted by WakkoSS
SNIPPED Why do cops address parking complaints like that? Cause if we don't, Joe Citizen calls the chief and bitches and moans about some douche bag parking on the sidewalk. People think cops are personal security guards and code enforcement on top of actual law enforcement officers.

It sucks that your car got broken into again. Having had a TR and a Monte stripped, I hate thieves just like you and do what I can to catch the fockers. In the mean time, do what you can to protect yourself. I have FOUR separate alarms and a car cover on my TR and I always park it in high visibility areas. You've heard the cliche...an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.

I'm done.
Very well written and he's 100% on the mark.

I don't have any alarms on my GN. At the same time I NEVER leave it unattended and usually have my trusty .45ACP with me too. I'm not as worried about my TTA but that has an anti-theft chip.

well is obvious we've had very different experiences with the police. I was pulled over 10 times since i've owned g-body's, for no reason but i didn't complain cause i knew why they were doing it. I've never complained about a traffic stop from police and i've hove good experiences with them in that aspect. But as far as other stuff they aren't cutting it, atleast in my area anyway. They did a terrible job with my stolen cutlass, i won't even go into detail. Reporting my other breakins was just a formailty, they weren't gonna do anything about it. G-body theft in pittsburgh is huge, and i can pin point the people doing it, why can't the police. why can;t they stick a TR out in a parking lot and watch these guys snatch it up. I garentee it will happen. I watch these shows and i see the kinda crap that cops deal with and i respect that but why disreagard me cause my crime was small. Am i not important? Sure it was a petty crime but its a BIG problem. but go head blame me, its my fault, i shouldn't have anything nice cause it makes people wanna take it. It's my responsibility to stand gaurd at my car or encapsule it in a shell that only i can get into. :rolleyes:

i don't want to spell it out but if you read between the lines you know what i mean. The Pittsburgh police know , not specifically but in general, who is doing the stuff. Its no coincidence the crimes happened in or very close to minority neighboorhoods. Thats just the way it is.

88 I feel your pain and understand the vent..It sux to be a victim.. especially more than once. But from the standpoint of protecting yourself...you do it.. do all you can do.. At the same time DONT GET A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY. If someone wants it they will get it.. Does not matter they will...

On the comments of the perception of the cops.. I cannot help but add to Wakko or Mustang 1..

1. THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON THAT YOU GET PULLED OVER.. Maybe not a good enought reason by your standards but a reason just the same. Not saying that there are the "pulled over for no reason" stops don't occur but very seldom.

On a side note think of all of the times that you had driven and NOT got pulled over and should have..(we all do it)..

2. Don't beleive everything you see.. Some of the larger metro areas and even small town america, there are allot of poor groomed or otherwise lazy looking folks that are always visable.
This is everywhere but I assure you it is not the majority.

But the next time you see one of the "stereo-types" I want you to think about the other one that you do not see who is fighting for his/her or someone else's life, getting ambushed like Patrick Behan BSO ... Saving a life, maybe of someone that is important in yours..

Believe me there are the horrors of reality that society does not see or hear unless on the news and even then it is censored. While citizens are sleeping and living out there lives... there is someones Father, Brother, Sister, Mother, Son or Daughter protecting yours. To highlight Wakko on the females in Law enforcement.. I know quite a few that would probably get the best of all of us... and would rather them be on patrol than some men..

3. So I have led into a venting myself, but if you think that I am BS'ing in any way ... go to www.odmp.org or any officer down website..Read a few stories...
Bottom line is.. We do a job, a hard job and in some cases loose our abilities or lives even for people who do not care or dont deserve it...

You have a right to your opinion and it is valued... But it should be realistic and weighed against facts and reason.

I suggest a ride along, especially with Philly PD...and see for yourself..

well this story has a some what good finish, My insurance is footting the bill for everything including a new dash and tint!!!!!

Hey, ain't it nice, you don't have to worry about getting locked up by the dupes in blue if you tell them where it's at on the board. Try to tell them when they have you pulled over after they crawled out from under the rock they were hiding. They're just out there, robbing working people with their ticket book. Then, they can have a big banquet and brag about how many thousands of dollars worth of tickets they write instead of dealing with real criminals. If you don't like the criticism, too bad! Now, I'm done. :mad: