Thieves!!!!!

i can see we have a bunch of cops on here. Hey, taxes pay your salary, the citizen have every right to critique you. It don't matter weather we know how it is or not. Cops are public servants.

I respect the badge when the badge shows they are courteous to me also. Some people think they can be total A-holes cause they got a badge and a gun. There is good and bad with everything. I'd say here there a abundance of bad. Don't get me started on why the police here drive newer impalas instead of crown vics which are a much better car. i know the mayor has a big effect on a PD so i don't fully blame them for their down falls. Its easy for the cops to take the sides of cops just because but only the people in Pittsburgh that have dealt with them know what i mean.

I've had both of my GNs broken into and the radio and other items stolen. Once was in my driveway while I slept inside. Coincidentally, it rained both nights so little to no evidence was left. Insurance covered it both times, but they start to look at you funny when it keeps happening. You're right about the ticket thing too. Not sure if it's true, but a friend told me they had a certain "quota" to meet each month. It really makes me mad when I'm pulled over for tint when 20 more people ride by without even a second look. I was pulled over once for tint with my windows down and t-tops out. The guy told me he was off duty a few weeks back and had seen me. Said he was just waiting for a chance to pull me when he was on duty. Trust me, there are sucky cops everywhere. All you hear is "we don't have enough people to do it all" when in reality they just need to reorganize the areas these cops work. Too many doing street traffic and not enough covering the big stuff. I don't hate cops, my bro-in-law is one, it's just that almost everyone has that " cops aren't doing their job" feeling once in a while. Sorry to hear about your loss. Been there, done that. BTW, never caught any of my people either.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
well is obvious we've had very different experiences with the police. I was pulled over 10 times since i've owned g-body's, for no reason but i didn't complain cause i knew why they were doing it.
Wow, and you didn't complain about that? Pulling someone over for "no reason" is highly illegal and is in fact a violation of your civil rights. A police officer must ALWAYS have a reason to initiate a traffic stop.

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
It really makes me mad when I'm pulled over for tint when 20 more people ride by without even a second look. I was pulled over once for tint with my windows down and t-tops out. The guy told me he was off duty a few weeks back and had seen me. Said he was just waiting for a chance to pull me when he was on duty. Trust me, there are sucky cops everywhere.
This argument always intrigues me. If you get pulled over for tint, speed, blowing a red, headlight out or whatever you gotta ask yourself this: "Was I breaking the law?" If your answer is "YES" who is to blame? Cops can only pull over 1 at a time. As far as other people getting away with "whatever", their day will come, don't worry about them just worry about yourself. This isn't to mention even when someone is in violation of a traffic offense in front of an officer who's to say he/she isn't enroute to a call at that moment. Cops don't go to all calls with their lights flashing 'ya know.

On a side note...the tint shops are outpacing the cops' ability to stop and ticket everyone, not to mention they usually don't tell a potential customer it's illegal.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Hey, ain't it nice, you don't have to worry about getting locked up by the dupes in blue if you tell them where it's at on the board. Try to tell them when they have you pulled over after they crawled out from under the rock they were hiding. They're just out there, robbing working people with their ticket book. Then, they can have a big banquet and brag about how many thousands of dollars worth of tickets they write instead of dealing with real criminals. If you don't like the criticism, too bad! Now, I'm done. :mad:

I guess ignorance is bliss.... :eek:

Originally posted by TT/A1233
This argument always intrigues me. If you get pulled over for tint, speed, blowing a red, headlight out or whatever you gotta ask yourself this: "Was I breaking the law?" If your answer is "YES" who is to blame? Cops can only pull over 1 at a time. As far as other people getting away with "whatever", their day will come, don't worry about them just worry about yourself. This isn't to mention even when someone is in violation of a traffic offense in front of an officer who's to say he/she isn't enroute to a call at that moment. Cops don't go to all calls with their lights flashing 'ya know.

On a side note...the tint shops are outpacing the cops' ability to stop and ticket everyone, not to mention they usually don't tell a potential customer it's illegal.
part of the problem here is the cops don't know the law. i was told my back window was illeagaly tinted, WRONG, i could paint it if i want. Two of the times i was pulled over i was never given a reason and it was the two times i was pulled over by the drug task force. They said i was in places i shouldn't have been. since when is taking a short cut through a minority neighborhood a place i'm not allowed to be. I know what they meant and i know what kinda people own g-bodies and i wasn't surprized i was pulled over, Its just comes with the territory when you own one of these cars. I think the police are in a catch 22. I understand why they do it, but i don't like it.

But what gets me is I never was rollin on giant chrome wheels or spokes and i never really fit the profile. But the guys who stole my car always are driving a g-bodys sittin on 100 spokes and they never seem to get busted.