Thinking of dumping the !@#$$#$@ 009's

It isn't your injector....many many many have passed emissions with the 009s so it isn't the injector. I posted a link in your other thread to a basic article on emissions. It should point you in the right direction.

This is most likely a problem that is not related to the injectors.

Get the printout of your e-test and post the data & test criteria with the limits and your readings. Many times this is a chip timing related issue. Sometimes the e-test is done w/o getting the 'cat' up to temp. It is best to take the car for a drive on the HWY for 20-30 minutes and then run the test w/o a cool-down period. The engine should be around 170-180F and 14-5-14.7:1 A/F for best results IMO. Too hot or too cold is no good.

If your motor is fairly stock it should pass the e-test with flying colors if everything is running properly with or without 42's.

FYI my car was able to pass CDN e-tests a few years back with 55's, 218/218 cam, NO 'cat', FAST SEFI w/WBO2, non-lock ATI 3500 converter and blocked EGR. Recently it was no contest with a 'cat' installed.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

dub oh 9s are fine,

if you are running rich and dont know why check your fuel return line, it can build up corosion and make you run pig rich.

i HIGHLY doubt 009s are the problem.

I concur that it's not the 009's. I have had them for 2 years and run in the mid 11's.The car idles like glass, and tail pipes are white inside. It's your chip! I use a 16 pos MaxEffort. Dont know about passing emissions though, as its primarily a race chip. There may be a few tricks Steve has thought of.

009's

I'm sure you considered the thought that you might buy 50's, sell your 009's at a loss and STILL fail...RIGHT??

How old is the cat? I don't think the race gas would've contaminated it if you don't run a lot of race gas. I have friends in the STLCGP that run race gas 3 - 4 times a year in their mid - low 13 sec GTP's without any problems at emissions time. My car has 40lb. injectors in it and I passed through on the quick pass back in June but I had brand new exhaust and cat. I do know that the car smells richer now with the Testa chip over what was in it when it passed. I am not sure what chip was in it though. It pulls a lot harder in 2nd with the Testa chip though. Now if I could get more than 12lbs. of boost and some boost in 1st gear I could be a terror.

Ken

I had serious tip in problems with 009's. Tried many different chips & the Extender is the ONLY one without serious tip in problems (still has minor tip in problems). I went with 009's long ago & will go with 55's next time I replace injectors. I just acquired an extra ECM, which I need to send off to Red for the driver update.

009's

Roger,

you should get a EricTurboTweak chip. I had tip in problems too, now completely GONE and my car drives much better.

Ravi

TRFanatic

Where do I find a EricTurboTweak chip?

The extender almost cured the tip in problem, however I've had it reoccur twice in about a year.

Thanks

I'd look into the egr as well. I know you've been through the vacuum stuff, but your BL when theyre in the 130's it means the computer is adding fuel. Anything above 128 and its throwing extra fuel into the motor. Especially when the static fuel pressure is already high. Take another look at your hoses and egr solenoid, valve, etc.. something is cuasing the higher than 128 BL's.. get your BL's under 128 and then go from there.

Also there are emmissions chips for Oh Ohh 9's .. believe there is a .bin file on Gnttype.org. If you want I can burn it for you. Typically emmissions chips raise your idle, fan turnon points, etc.. all the things needed to help you pass.

Go back to paragraph 1.. I bet there is something else that may have been slightly overlooked. If you block off all the vacuum ports on top of the TB, your bl's should go down to 118-120. If they stay above 130..you have issues elsewhere.

Didnt say if if you ran top engine cleaner and assured there were no exhuast leaks in the engine compartment. This may be another are to look at.

Are you using a new AC Delco O2 sensor. Maybe you have a bum O2 that doesnt adjust.

Still thinking vacuum leak.. I know brother, I know.. just a gut feeling.

Happy New Year

Julio

PS.. 50's work better :p , but for what your trying to do, 009's should pass.

And lastly, using a fuel pressure guage, your fuel pressure isnt dropping after you shut off the car.. making sure you dont have a bumm injector.

Here's my 2 cents worth...
It sounds something could be out of whack mechanically.
If you are running DirectScan, record some idle and cruise runs for us to look at.
What are your TPS, IAC, MAF GPS #'s ?
I agree with Razor about the O2 sensor, and exhaust leaks. (A new AC Delco sensor wont hurt) Crack between # 3-5 on DS header, crossover pipe to header leaks, manifolds to heads? Have you checked the cam sensor?
If you have been running really rich for a while you may have plugged/killed the cat.

Paul

its not the injectors. my car burned eyes for half a mile with 009's and a atr chip. went to a pte chip and now runs great and rips'em free at 60.