This kid is KILLING me!

i miss the ricers, i considered them kind of like a pet to me. somethen just for my entertainment. to bad most of them arund here are gone:(

Originally posted by turbosam6
Being 20 and bragging about owning a business and living at home = loser. How he came about owning a business is beyond me, I think he's lying. I think he just works there. I moved out at 17, because thats when I graduated, and went on to trade school. Either go to school, or work, but mooching off your parents isn't cool. Especially when you like to brag about all the money and stuff you have, but can't have friends over cuz mom says no. I hope when I have kids they move out at 18 or whatever. Not like my loser neighbor, who is like 34 now and just moved back in again. But he bought a new chevy 3/4 ton truck. No way I'm lettin' my 30 something year old kid move in with me. Its different if its just for a short period, like temporary, but its time to be an adult.

Funny thing is, the only car they've worked on at their "shop" is his saturn. Its rice-tastic! No customers. Wonder why?

It's not being a loser at all. Let's say the kid makes $600 per week ($2,400 per month). He can get a one bedroom apartment for like $650 to $700 a month (NYC rates). Add all the apartment bills like telephone, electric, gas, and food, and you're looking at roughly $1,200 a month. Now the kid's income is cut in half, down to $1,200 a month. Prolly has a cell phone, and pays car insurance, so add another $200 per month. Plus, he's a ricer, so he spends mad loot on his car, so figure another $600 a month at least. Now he's down to just $400 per month. Throw some money into hanging out at clubs, going out to eat, and spending money on his girlfriend (if he has one). Forget about it if he is going to school and paying for it. After all of this, the kid would be basicly broke. I don't blame him at all for living at home.

Worthog: that FSAE stuff is damn cool, if it's what I think it is. Formula SAE, college kids making neat little 600cc go-karts? Anyway if that's what you're talking about, any shots online of the work in progress? would be dope. Sorry to hijack the thread and all. but um yeah ricers are getting stupid. heh. listened to some kid today on #cars on efnet tell me he was going to set up a '4th stage' compound turbo on his car. Um... right. :rolleyes: