This kid is KILLING me!

turbosam6

My cars suck
Theres this kid down the street, he's like 19 or 20, still lives at home, with a honda civic and a saturn. He owns his own "custom" shop, which apparently does window tint and stereo. He claims to do all things automotive, like engine rebuilds, chassis work, turbos, nitrous, etc. But when he was showing me the vtec motor in his civic (he bought it like that), I asked him if it still had an o2 sensor. He proceeded to look all over the firewall for something, then I told him they are usually in the exhaust somewhere. He didn't know. I asked if it still used the stock ecm, to which he replied "I guess so". Keep in mind we are in my driveway, directly behind my GN. He proceeds to tell me how his car is the fastest one in town. I'm just dumbfounded. His buddy even looks at him funny. Not wanting to miss the chance to make a few bucks, I ask him to race me, so I can see just how blazingly fast it is. Kid looks at me like my hairs on fire, and says "Hell NO!" You'd smoke my ass! I'm like, "Didn't you just get done saying it was the fastest car in town?" Now he's dumbstruck. Then he told me about a STOCK honda accord he beat the other night, like he'd just whipped John Force. I'm thankful for the entertainment, just makes me laugh when he comes around talking about how the ground effects he's putting on are going to knock at least a second off his et, even though he doesn't know what et is, since he's never been to the track. Its scary to think of the people who might actually go to his shop, expecting them to have certain capabilities, and get their car back with 13" gold Daytons and some stickers. Then again, if you're stupid enough to leave an automobile with anyone who even resembles this kid, you deserve a swift kick in the head.

Sam, there is so much Uncle Ben by-products around here it isn't funny anymore! Have you seen that green 4 door Nissan with the aluminum wing? He thinks he's hot stuff. I'm buying the Racetronix 340 pump and wire kit with my tax return, so I'll let you know when I get it (hurry up Bush you owe me!) There is a kid with a 79 Camaro talking trash, so I'll have to lay it on him at Charleston some weekend. Are you going to the Parkland car show? If not, would you be up for letting me bolt up your wheels/tires for the show?:confused: Well, thought I'd try anyway...I also need your opinion for a chip!

AH Kids like you mentioned today are more like DUMB & DUMBER than FAST & FURIOUS..

Maybe his idea of FASTEST car in town was

FASTEST four door :)
or
FASTEST four cylinder :D
or
FASTEST with most stickers.:eek:

Sounds like he is a legend in his own mind!!;)

Sam, watch out, he might have NAWWSSS:D ;) :rolleyes:

TT Turbo, I've been to Charleston a couple times. There are some nice cars there for such a small track, but also some 10 sec cars (1/8 mile:D ) that do huge burnouts:rolleyes: . I am going to check out the PPR track night to check out some fast streetable (class rules) cars. See www.pureperformanceracing.com

BTW, you can get a 100 octane Thrasher chip for $25. I use that in my Turbo T. Tim

Hey, let me know if you guys head to Charleston sometime soon, I wouldn't mind heading out there myself.

Originally posted by turbosam6
He proceeds to tell me how his car is the fastest one in town. I'm just dumbfounded....I ask him to race me, so I can see just how blazingly fast it is. Kid looks at me like my hairs on fire, and says "Hell NO!" You'd smoke my ass!

:rolleyes: Here's the kind of stuff I say to ricers whenever they "oooh" and "ahhhh" over my car about how fast it is:

"So does that then make my car the fastest in town?"

"Uhhh, I guess so."

"Nah; I get beat by stock Mustangs."

Of course I don't really get beat by stock Mustangs. It just helps shattering ricer egos.

omg naaawwws.. i cant believe i forgot this, i was coming out of hooters last week with my buddy. it was really nice out so we decided to rip on the bikes. well, we come out and 5 kids maybe 12-15 tops, are goggling over our bikes. one kid ask, does it have naaawws, most ignorant thing i ever heard, then another bellows out, do you do any tricks.. my first thought was sure, i ride it and dont crash. kids today are really getting loony.

worthog, I know tonight is friday fun night at Charleston, but I can't make it because my car is still in the shop. I am trying to get a bunch of guys together from Bloomington to come down with me. The list includes:

1. Typhoon with about $1000 in bolt ons
2. 86 Monte SS 350/TH400, edelbrock package, 3.73's...
3. 99 Z28 SLP cat-back, 3500 converter, 4.10's
4. 2000 S-10 125hp spray, fart can (its green/purple):rolleyes:
5. 91 Beretta GT bone stock...I think he'll be watching though

Hey Tom, when is that show? I'll probably go, but I never enter. I just park in the show field. My car is clean, but with no wing and type R stickers I'm sure to lose. Every car I've seen win out there has been so ghey, its not even funny. Trust me, my wheels ain't gonna help you win. Your car is very nice, but nobody in this town is going to recognize it for what it is. Screw 'em, I laugh at them all when I smoke 'em!

This kid wouldn't know what to do with NNNAAAAAWWWSSSS. I'd be amazed if he could open the bottle.

What I can't figure out is when these ricers look at my car and act like its unobtainable, like I've got a million $$ in it. Some dumb a$$ ricer kid with $30,000 wrapped up in his acura will always be like "Man, I wish I could afford something like that!" Duh.

what the hell is this world coming to with all the younger generations turning into ricers?

about 5 months ago I ran a kid with a bone stock auto firebird (v-6)

after I destroyed him
he had the following excuses

1. I didnt floor it cause the girls in the car were getting scared

2. I dont have my supercharger on right now

3. Your lucky we didnt go any faster, my turbo turns on at 50mph

he then proceeds to tell me my car is so slow
so anyway
I run into him a month later and ask him to run them
I said I would put up $500 to his $100 and he said no my "torestrup bar is broken, from all my hard lauches when I raced a supra and RX7"

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by choppers4life
omg naaawwws.. i cant believe i forgot this, i was coming out of hooters last week with my buddy. it was really nice out so we decided to rip on the bikes. well, we come out and 5 kids maybe 12-15 tops, are goggling over our bikes. one kid ask, does it have naaawws, most ignorant thing i ever heard, then another bellows out, do you do any tricks.. my first thought was sure, i ride it and dont crash. kids today are really getting loony.

what do you ride?

Cleaner13:
You should be glad his torestrup bar was busted LOL, it saved you $500. :rolleyes:

Stuff like this reminds me of a quote.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human ignorance and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

i have a 750 monster and a 748. waiting for the buell dealer to get my new one in, i ordered it in black with the race can and computer. love the twins, i will never go back to an in-line 4... first bike was a 750 gsxr, fast, ya, but bothersome on the street..

Sam, I agree with all the junk that will probably be at the show. It the first saturday in may....the 2nd or 3rd I think. My car goes in the shop for a new eaton posi unit, axles, and the such sometime around may 20th!!!! I won't be peg legged anymore, I can't wait :D Still waiting on tax returns so I can get the walbro pump though :mad:

How does he get to own his own shop at such a young age? The kid may know very little about the mechanics of cars, but at least he had the sence to know your GN would smoke him. :)

BTW, I'm curious as to why you put "still lives at home" in your fist sentence? Being only 19 or 20, isn't he supposed to? :)

Being 20 and bragging about owning a business and living at home = loser. How he came about owning a business is beyond me, I think he's lying. I think he just works there. I moved out at 17, because thats when I graduated, and went on to trade school. Either go to school, or work, but mooching off your parents isn't cool. Especially when you like to brag about all the money and stuff you have, but can't have friends over cuz mom says no. I hope when I have kids they move out at 18 or whatever. Not like my loser neighbor, who is like 34 now and just moved back in again. But he bought a new chevy 3/4 ton truck. No way I'm lettin' my 30 something year old kid move in with me. Its different if its just for a short period, like temporary, but its time to be an adult.

Funny thing is, the only car they've worked on at their "shop" is his saturn. Its rice-tastic! No customers. Wonder why?

There are alot of ricers around here. With my Buick down (it's really close to being done finaly) I take out my Porsche on the weekends for fun. The car is not that fast, about as fast a a newer Mustang GT. Any ways,there are ricers all over and it was admazing how dumb so many were. These kids didnt even know a dang 911 was air cooled!

Any ways if you try for a race they talk big but when it is go time they are cowards about it. Oh my so and so it broke and blah blah blah.

One time I told one my fast car was a Turbo Buick and they were like. Why would you turbo a buick? that's a waste of money, and it must weigh like 4000 lbs and blah blah blah.

I just try and ignore it now, They can be happy with there 17 second cars in there own little fantasy world and we can be at the track churning out low 60 foots and putting up great E.T.s